Chapter 5

Nash and Matt are sitting on the couch in the living room. Across from them is Jack and Jack on another couch, and Cameron is in the bathroom.

Johnson leans forward, scratching his head and looking at the floor. He looks up at Matt, who is obviously nervous, whether he's trying to hide it or not. "We love you guys no matter what. You know that, right?"

The silence, and lack of responses thereof, somewhat offends Gilinsky. He furrows his eyebrows. "How didn't we make that clear? We've never been the judgemental type."

"Sorry," Matt apologizes.

"No," Gilinsky retorts. I shouldn't be upset.

"Well, thank you. It means a lot. We can love who we want and still have amazing friends," Nash says. Matt nods.

"Don't thank us for doing what's right," Johnson commands, smiling.

"Yeah, thank me for getting pizza," Cameron laughs, returning from the bathroom.

Gilinsky laughs, too. Then, his facial expression grows serious. "We need to tell you about something else," Gilinsky says.

"What is it?" Nash asks.

"I'm..." Johnson begins.

"We're," Gilinskt corrects him.

"We're bi," Johnson says. "Not for each other, though."

"This must be a little awkward, Cam," Johnson says, "being the only straight one and all."

Nash smiles. "Dude..." Nash lowers his voice, as if someone might be listening to their conversation. "We fucked last night."

Johnsons jaw drops. "Wait, but aren't you two a couple?"

"All three of us," Nash explains.

"A threesome?! Damn, dude. Maybe we should make that a foursome," Johnson jokes.

Matt and Nash look at each other.

"I was joking, but like... If y'all are down, I'm down."

"I'm down, too," Cameron says.

The doorbell rings.

"It's the pizza. I'll get it," Cam says.

As Cam approaches the door, it flies open and off the hinges, knocking him over and landing on top of him. He lets out a groan and the other boys jump to their feet. Two men enter the house. They're both wearing plain t-shirts and jeans. One has is wearing a ski mask and wields a shotgun, while the other's face is exposed. His hands occupy a magnum. The man in the ski mask stumps hard on the door that's on top of Cameron. He cries out.

"Don't fucking move!" The man orders, pointing the gun in the other boys' general direction, waving it from person to person.

Nash notices a small dragon tattoo on his neck.

The other man promises, "If you do, you're all gonna fucking die!"