Chapter 1

The songs for this chapter:
How to save a life -The fray-
Be alright -Dean Lewis-

The fresh morning breeze coming through the window into my room gave me hope each day. It always reminded me that a fresh start is waiting for me every time I open my eyes and this day was no exception.

I couldn't sleep well last night. I was worried since I am moving to Manhattan today. I just seem to get lost inside my head. Overthinking every single detail in my life has become a habit. It really gets tiring sometimes but I really don't care. I need to have my life in order otherwise I am surely going to screw it up.

My phone showed 8 A.M on the lock screen. I better get my ass moving if I want to hit the road early. I got off the bed stretching my arms and went to the bathroom. I started running the water and took off my clothes. I stepped into the shower feeling the cold water tingling my skin and streaming down my sore muscles. I quickly washed my hair and shaved my legs.

When I got out of the bathroom, I heard mom yelling from downstairs  "Mia, are you up ?" I rolled my eyes "Yes mom". I've already picked up my outfit last night because all my clothes were all packed in my suitcases. I put on my loose black hoodie and my black leggings. I went with something comfortable because I am going to be moving a lot today. I quickly applied some mascara and lipstick and gathered my hair into a messy ponytail.

 As soon as I entered the kitchen, mom  shoved a breakfast plate in my hands and I sat on the counter chair enjoying the taste of bacon and scrambled eggs. "Are you ready to move out sweetheart ?" she put a hand on my shoulder and kissed my cheek.

"Yea but I am kind of nervous about the idea of leaving you here alone. I am not sure I am completely ready to move out of Santa Monica after everything that happened." I bit my lip because that wasn't entirely true. I am finally letting go of my past here and starting a new chapter of my life but  I am a little bit scared by the chance that everything might go wrong in New York. Honestly, I feel guilty because I am leaving mom behind me after everything she has done to me over the past few years. I've asked her a couple of times now to come with me but she wouldn't agree.

"It's okay baby I will be fine by my own. I can't leave my job you know that. Just promise me you will call everyday". I will miss her so much. Damn it.

"Okay promise." she gave me a genuine smile and I did the same.

I checked all of the boxes fearing that I forgot something important and then I got everything inside my car. I took my keys  then I waited for mom to come down so I could say goodbye. "Mom, I am leaving !" she rushed to the hall and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back and held my tears from escaping my eyes. I can't get emotional now because it would be harder to leave. I kissed her and took her hand in mine "I love you mom." she was tearing up by now and it hurts to see her like that "I will miss you honey ! Be safe there okay ?" I stared at the ground for a brief second then I looked into her eyes "Yes I will ! I should get going mom, goodbye" I gave her one last light hug and headed to the car. I got in the seat and closed the door. Mom waved at me and got back inside the house.

I started the engine and took the road towards the airport.  I played some of the Fray's songs. I love that band. The music they make isn't just some meaningless shit. It's rather constructive and real. The small trip to the airport took me half an hour because of the endless traffic. I bet it's worse in New York. Shit, I have to stay positive.

When I got out of the car, Ally was waiting for me next to the main doors. I took my suitcases each in one hand and left the rest of the boxes in the car since it will be shipped there. I just need to find the man from the auto transport agency. We agreed to meet here in the parking lot so he should be here by now. I noticed a middle-aged man approaching me. It must be him. "Are you Amelia Blake?" I nodded my head and gave him the keys of my car "Here you go. Thank you." I started walking towards my best friend. I waved at her when she saw me coming. She gave me one of her famous warm hugs as soon as I stood beside her and I couldn't be more grateful. "Finally, I almost thought you chickened out and wouldn't come!" I chuckled at that. "I wouldn't say I didn't think about it, so you ready to do this?" she rolled her eyes and grinned. "I was born ready honey. I swear it's going to be legend, wait for it, dary. LEGENDARY!" I laughed at the famous HIMYM reference. She was whipped but that TV show. As if I wasn't, I thought to myself.

My heart started pounding hard against my chest. I was nervous about this whole thing. Ally took my hand in hers and led us through the doors.

This is gotta be interesting... 

First chapter is here y'all. Vote if you liked it and tell me what you think about it in the comment section. I'll try to update everyday. Xoxo