Chapter 2

Songs for this chapter :
Night changes - One direction-
Delicate -Hanne Leland-

"Mia, wake up we're here" I heard Ally whisper against my ear. I fell asleep earlier on the plane because I didn't catch enough sleep last night. I took off my seat belt and stood up waiting for Ally to gather her things so we can leave. The plane was still crowded with people. I checked the time on my phone. 2:30 P.M. I was asleep for an entire 5 hours. Nice job Mia. Before I could space out, Ally shook my shoulder. "From earth to Mia, where did you go girl?" I rolled my eyes and lead the way to the doors. It feels amazing to take a breath of fresh air again. "I can't believe this! We're in fucking New York, you excited?" I am indeed thrilled yet relieved at the same time. Does that even make sense? "Yep, hella excited. We should get going to campus. I can't wait to be roommates with you bitch. It's crazy!" She laughed and put a hand on my arm. "I know right! I can't wait." We took our suitcases and checked them before we go. An uber was waiting for us outside in the parking lot. As we headed to campus, I called mom to let her know that the plane landed and I am already in Manhattan.

"Here we are!" Ally literally screamed in my fucking ear as the uber driver drove into the campus. It looks as great as it did online. I was astonished by its gracefulness and elegance. Hundreds of people crowded the place; parents kissing their children goodbye, freshmen walking around lost and confused. I was really intimidated by the huge size of the buildings. It will be so hard to get used to it. Ally on the other hand looked so confident and relaxed as if she has been here before. I wish I could act like that but it was just not the case. The orientation was short. I sat next to ally in the front row hoping I could remain as sane as possible. After a while, a seemingly nice woman gave us the keys to our dorm room and led us to its way. As stressful as this all seems, I was feeling good by then, freer than ever. The corridors were so crowded that we barely could walk. I felt relieved when I saw our room's number inches away. I slid the key into the door and it creaks open to reveal a fairly large room with two beds and two desks.

I set the keys on of the desk and travel my eyes across the place. The walls were plain white and the floor was wooden. I am impressed by how clean and new it looks.

"This room is amazing. We are going to have so much fun decorating it right! I can't believe we are officially living on our own. I just can't!" Ally squealed and literally jumped like a little 5-year-old but I couldn't deny that I also was super hyped about all of this. I am moving forward with my life as far from my dreadful past as possible. I was feeling a bit tired so I lied on the bed feeling the comfort of the mattress. Ally did the same. She was probably exhausted too. I decided to play some chill music to get us in a good mood. We have to settle down before starting taking classes tomorrow. I got off the bed and put my suitcase on the floor opening it carefully. I organized my clothes in the closet. Then, I took my notebooks and planner and put them on my desk. I hope this semester goes well. I was concerned about my future because I have lost hope before too many times and I can't go back to that dark place, never again. Ally was already asleep when I finished so I decided to be a good friend and do the work for her. After finishing everything, I wanted to freshen myself up so I grab my toiletry bag and made my way to the shower room. The only thing I hated about the campus so far is the showers. I can't imagine how awkward it must be to shower in the same room as other strangers. I was walking in the corridor thinking about tomorrow when suddenly I bumped into someone. I dropped the bag at the ground causing my clothes to fly everywhere. I traveled my eyes to the muscular boy standing in front of me.

"I am sorry. Are you okay?" he stared at me for a moment then helped me get my clothes off the floor. I was too caught up staring at what he was doing that I totally forgot to answer him.

"Yea, I am okay. It's not your fault. I wasn't looking I guess." I smiled at him and he handed me my clothes.

"Thanks. You didn't have to do that." He chuckled and scratched his neck.

"No problem! Are you new here?" He asked me. I could hear the tone of curiosity in his voice

"Oh yes, I just moved in today. It's really nice in here. My name is Mia by the way." Damn it. Way to introduce yourself Mia. I hope he doesn't think I am weird. A genuine smile appeared on his lips and I couldn't be more thankful.

"I am Niall. Nice meeting you Mia. Well, I should get going. See you later!" he began to walk away but then he stepped back and turned to face me.

"Um, a friend of mine is throwing this party at his house tonight. You should come. It's going to be so much fun. You could bring company too!"

"Oh thanks but I don't think I can come. I am not the partying type. Plus, tomorrow will be my first day so I need to catch some sleep." A light chuckle escaped his lips. Fuck, I wish I didn't say that. Now he must really think I am a weirdo. Way to go Mia.

"Just think about it okay?" I smiled and nodded my head. He walked away and I stepped in the showers room.

I was grateful when I found it empty. I quickly washed my hair, wrapped a towel around my body, and went to the changing room. I put on my gray sweat pants and black tank top, and headed back to the room. Ally should be awake by now. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to go to that party after all. Niall seemed like a nice boy so I wouldn't mind hanging out with him.

When I stepped into the room, Ally was on her desk typing something on her computer.

"So I met this boy and-"Before I could even finish, Ally cut me off. "Wait what! You already got laid? Nice job Blake." She grinned at me and I rolled my eyes at her reaction. I swear this girl will be the death of me.

"No Ally it wasn't like that! You are sick you know that right!" she was laughing and I couldn't help but join her.

"So, I met this boy who happened to bump into me while I was going to the showers room. His name is Niall. He invited us to a party that one of his friends is throwing . Do you think it's a good idea if we went?"

"We are definitely going Mia. Stop overthinking everything. Have fun!" She was right I guess. What's the worst that could happen after all? It's not like I am going to die or something. Really Mia? Really? I need to stop this shit. Before I know it, Ally has already picked up two outfits and put them on the bed. Wow, she is fast.

"Come on, we should start getting ready!"

This is going to be one hell of a night...

Chapter two is up y'all. Press on the star to vote. Leave your thoughts in the comment section. XOXO