chaper one

Tessa's Point of View

      " Michael, shut the fuck up, you're an idiot," I said blankly, continuing to read my book. Michael laughed, looking over at me.

      " You love me." He looked back to the screen where Assasin's Creed Unity was happening.

      " Don't you like... Have practice for your new band or something?"I asked, looking over to him. He shook his head, keeping his eyes on the screen. His fingers moved expertly along the buttons of the controller, and his eyes moved back and forth as he stabbed his target with a hidden blade.

      " No, Luke had to go somewhere," Michael paused, biting his lip as he avoided being killed."So we just cancelled."

      " Oh. Well, I'm going to go make some food. Want some?" I asked, getting up from the floor.

      " Just whatever you're getting," Michael said, turning back to the game as another match started. I rolled my eyes at his obsession as I walked out the door of his room. I bounced down the stairs in my socks and walked into the kitchen I had known for a long time. The wooden cabinets had faded, as well as the floor, and the boards creaked quietly as I walked on them on the way to the pantry. I swung open the door and hung on it slightly, sighing loudly as I looked for food. I found some chips, about half-finished, and walked back along the creaky floor to the stairs, slipping on my socks a little. I bounded up the stairs, making a whole lot of noise.

      When I got back up to my best friend's room, he was still doing the exact same thing. I blew air hard out of my nose as I plopped back down on the floor next to him. I opened the bag of chips, reaching in and taking one.

      " Michael, oh my god, you have an addiction," I said before putting a chip in my mouth. Okay, it was like four.

      " Shut up, you play too," Michael reminded me, taking like six chips from the bag.

      " Well, yeah, but not as much as you," I countered.

     " Whatever," Michael huffed. My phone vibrated on his desk where we did, fail worthy, homework. I got up again and climbed over the couch to grab my phone.

Mom    You need to come home, Tessa. It's almost 12.

      Ugh. School tomorrow. I didn't answer. I just shoved my phone in my pocket and grabbed my backpack.

      " Mikey, I gotta go, but I'll meet you here in the morning," I told him, slipping my black vans back on.

      " Okay, see you tomorrow," Michael said, finally looking at me.

      " M'kay," I said, walking past him out the door and ruffling his hair as I passed him. Again, I bounded down the stair, but this time I turned to go out the front door. Michael's mom was asleep on the couch, so I opened the door, got out, and closed it quietly. Readjusting my backback on my shoulder, I started the way back to my house. My feet made more noise than I intended as they pounded on the sidewalk. Finally, I made it to my front door. As usual, I heard yelling from the kitchen as I walked into the living room. I set my backpack down gently and tried to make it silently up the stairs and avoid getting into the argument. I failed.

      " Tessa Marie Roberts you are home late!" My mom shouted, seeing me out of the corner of her eye. I internally groaned and took a step back, so that she could see me. " You are home late, for the third time this week!" She shouted at me. I looked to my dad for help, but he had left. I felt my eyes sting slightly, knowing they'd fought - again.

      " Mum, I don't want to do this tonight," I begged, exasperated, a couple tears falling. She didn't soften, just started yelling at me about how useless and irresponsible I was. When she walked away, still yelling, I trudged up the stairs, every ounce of energy I had, gone. After brushing my teeth, ( because I'm hygenic ) I got into my pyjamas and crawled into bed. I closed my eyes and curled up in the blankets, hoping that, in the morning, it would have all been a dream.

~

I know, I know, cliche chapter ending. But yeah, that's a little bit of Tessa. DON'T WORRY Calum come in a little later. Michael is her bestfriend. This is in highschool, by the way. Okay bye.