(2) A Bump In A Rush

Chapter 2: A Bump In A Rush

(Also, read the question at the very end, thank you ^_^)

Noah Caint P.O.V:

Those people who search for treasure take weeks, months, hell even years! For me, it took less than 24 hours. I couldn't tell if she knew me or has even seen before. Her reaction told me otherwise.

A glint of something different. Different from every other girl I had ever met. Not that I was a player or anything. Just didn't believe in the whole love thing. Mom and Dad would go on and on. Katie included.

Then all changed right after a field trip in the 6th grade. Where I had met her. In person. Where she had stood up for me. Against some 8th graders. Since then, I knew I had some weird crush. Or at least what Katie called it. 

I kept denying that fact, that my older sister was just kidding with me. As the years passed by, and high school neared, I still kept denying I had a crush. 

The beginning of freshman year in high school, my boy hormones took over. Slowly, I started to leave notes in her locker. Whenever she read them, I was close by to watch her reaction. Especially one particular day in junior year.

My usual routine was to leave a little note to cheer her up, or to flatter her. But one of the notes, that had said 'God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers. For some, they have angels instead.'

It was a nice compliment to her Mom. Right? And for some reason, she burst out in tears that slowly became into sobs. I didn't see her for the rest of the day after I witnessed her reaction. Feeling the urge to tell someone, I told Liam. After all he, he was basically my brother.

So that's what I did. I told him. That, was a shitty mistake. He blabbed on and on, even though he was the first person I had told about my feelings, that maybe I wasn't worth her while.

"Noah!" I snapped out of my thoughts.

"What?" 

"You keep spacing out. I told you that she's here." Liam threw a pillow at me. 

"I know. But we have to be circumspect." I remind him.

"Syrp-deck, what?"

"Circumspect." I groan, slapping his arm. He gave me a confused look. "It means to avoid a risk, you know. Being careful."

"Yeah, yeah. I was just joking." Liam chuckled. "Anyway, this was your plan. I'm just your wingman."

"I don't need a wingman."

"Hell yeah you do. You've never kissed a girl before!" He threw his hands up.

Throwing a pillow back at him, I say, "Yes, I have."

"Noah," Liam made a clicking sound with his tongue. "Kissing a mannequin in the women's department in a store does not count." 

"Oh, yeah I remember that!" Wyatt, who I thought was asleep, laughed, brushing the pillow off his face. Flushing from the embarrassing dare I did back in sophomore year made me groan. 

"Fuck you." I mutter, getting up.

"And where is lover boy going?" Wyatt cooed.

"The hell away from you two." I growl, before leaving my room. 

Me denying the fact that I don't know how to kiss a girl, only because I never have! Don't get me wrong about not believing in love, but I don't want my mouth nor lips on a stranger. Walking down the hallway, dodging some of the ladders and other materials scattered around, I was lost deep in thought.