CHAPTER 12

They entered Leserist's Family Bakery, and they were all greeted by the twins' mother's Uma. From behind the counter, Uma turned to Rue and smiled before saying, "You become more and more handsome every time I see you, have you considered marriage yet? Their cousin is finally of age!"

                   Rue's pale face turned bright red, then he kindly replied, "No, ma'am, I haven't thought of it."

     Enna and Sopha hissed after hearing Uma's words. Tinso hissed to, kindly asking his mother not to embarrass Rue in front of everyone. Uma, however, ignored her son completely. Her warm smile turned all the way down.

         "Marriage is nothing to be ashamed of. You are all at the age to take a partner, so you should all think about marriage!" she hissed, straightening her apron. "How did I raise such useless boys? Boys that can fly with no ambition to leave this forsaken place, let alone give me grandchildren."

           This time it was the twins who were red in the face. "Sorry mother," the twin said in unison.

         Tinso turned to Rue, his face stricken with embarrassment as he apologized to him and then to the others, pushing them towards the back of the bakery and into their living area.

           The twins hadn't recovered even after they left their mother, forgetting what they drag everyone back for.

          "She's right you know, we are at the age to find life partners," Sopha replied, turning to Rue.

           Rue thought about Roxas at that moment, he was two years older than him, and at the age of twenty he was officially engaged to someone who's beauty was said to be beyond imagination.

           Rue's mother was young when she married his father, and even Simon has pushed Eka to use the beauty she had to find a mate, a noble man and get away from the underground world since she could fly. However, she was never willing. Perhaps because she secretly loved Roxas only.

            In this world, he had seen all type of married couple, though they don't discriminate on whom you marry. It is suggested to marry someone who can continue or enhance ones' lineage. To Rue, if he thought about life partners, he would want it with someone who made him happy. However, the only thing that he could waste his thoughts on now was how to protect the people he cared about.

           "Of all of us here, the one who would have the least worries is Rue. With that face of his, I'm sure he could even marry royalty," Lashun muttered. Rue was taken aback by him; he silently disagreed.

           Tinso frowned. "I agree. For the rest of us who have to work harder there is not many options in the underground world to begin with," Tinso replied.

         "Sopha, Reilo and Tinso, you three are blessed with the ability to fly, why stay here fighting for left overs when you can work hard and start over somewhere else?" Lashun asked, he seemed upset.

              "I'll follow Tinso wherever he chooses to go," Reilo replied.

            "Everything that is important to me is here. I love it here," Tinso replied. Tinso quickly glanced at Rue before shyly turning to the window. "Also, I think I would just prefer to be with someone who makes me happy no matter who or what they are," he finished, reaching for a tray with biscuits that were left by the window to cool down.

          Rue watched him closely. He felt Tinso's always happy mood dampen, which strangely affected his own mood.

           "You want to get married right?" Sopha asked Rue.