FIVE

FIVE: "Emma got the odd sense that he was suddenly not talking about the book, and that maybe he was talking about them

FIVE: "Emma got the odd sense that he was suddenly not talking about the book, and that maybe he was talking about them."

Emma looked up the restaurant that Spencer had mentioned. It was gorgeous. She originally planned to wear something more casual, but decided to dress up more once she looked up the restaurant. 

When she asked Spencer if he was asking her on a date, she couldn't believe herself, and she couldn't believe Spencer either with his confident response. She thought it was pretty safe to say that she had what a third grader would call a crush on him. She truly felt immature at how she got butterflies whenever he texted or when she would see him in the mornings.

She wasn't used to feeling this way around guys, seeing as most she knew were assholes. She especially wasn't used to feeling this way around someone she knew for only two weeks, it was unheard of for her.

The day before, she texted Spencer her address so that he could pick her up at 7. It was currently 6:55.

She had to admit that she was quite nervous, for she found Spencer quite attractive and sometimes didn't know he knew what the hell she was talking about sometimes. What she liked, though, was that he listened, and remembered what she had to say. That was more she could say about most other guys.

Just then she heard a knock on the door to her apartment and opened it, knowing it was Spencer.

"Punctual as ever, hi Spence," Emma said. The nickname 'Spence' rolled off her tongue without her consciously thinking about it, yet she liked it.

"So it's Spence now, is it?" Spencer said. "And hey."

"You know what, Spence, I think I will call you that now," she said with a laugh. "Come on, let's go."

"Yea, come on," he said.

When they got to the restaurant, Spencer told the lady that he had a reservation for two, under Spencer Reid, and she beamed at his awkwardness around strangers. It was adorable and she loved it.

The lady sat them down and Spencer pulled a red rose out of his pocket and set it down on the table.

"Spencer Reid, did you really get me a red rose?" she asked, smiling.

"Maybe," he said sheepishly.

"Well I love it, thank you," she said.

"Anytime," he responded.

"So, tell me more about your work. I know you are a 'profiler' and catch serial killers but what is the whole process like?" she asked.

"Well remember I told you about my friend JJ, she's our press liaison and decides which cases we take and which ones we don't. Our unit chief, Hotch, and our tech analyst, Penelope, quickly brief the case to us and we share our initial thoughts and theories. Then we get on the plane and talk more once we get to the local police department. From there, once were actually in the state, we can do things like visit the coroner, crime scene and family members. Once we get there and get our hands on real evidence like the autopsy and looking at the crime scene, we can start testing our theories and finding out what matches and adds up," Spencer said.