Chapter Two: Mysterious

B L I S S

"Hey, big ass!" I yelled as hugged my bestie.

"Yah, don't kill me!" Tessa yelped as she removed my hand from her shoulders.

We were currently walking in the long corridor of our Florida High School. We were taking about everything and anything while going to class.

"Hey dumbass!" I screamed at a lighting pole who was blocking the way to the class with his big backpack.

He slowly turned around and half smiled at me and greeted like civilised person are supposed to greet each other. But then I noticed someone. I saw a slim figure, leaning against the wall with a headphone like he owns this place.

"Hey Steph, who is he?" I asked, pointing at the mysterious boy across the corridor.

"Him? Don't you know? He is the new student Mr Johnson was talking about." He said while looking at the boy.

"Huh? Really? He looked like he came straight from one of Marvel Studios films." I replied while looking at my sister, who was strangely quiet.

"Hey, Earth to Tessa, reply!" I said as I nudged her with my elbow and waving a hand in front of her blushing face.

T E S S A

"Hey dumbass." I heard Bliss yelled at Stephen, my brother and her second best friend, who was standing near the door of the classroom.

And he just turned around and gave us his signature half smile. But then my entire attention was drawn to something or someone  who was casually leaning against the cream wall of our corridor and I was mesmerised.

His stylish brown hair slightly moving along with the rather slow and calm wind, his beautiful eyes which fixated only one thing rather than wondering around, how his jaw was looking so sharp I'm just it could cut paper, how his shirt sticked around his board shoulders and loosen around his waist, his blue ripped jeans clenched around his thick thighs and the rest of his long legs. Even his sneakers were amazingly looking good.

I had forgotten how to breathe. I hadn't realised I must have been staring till Bliss elbowed me out of my trance.

"Hey, Earth to Tessa, reply!" She yelled as she waved his hand in front of my face.

"H-huh...w-what h-happened?" I said, looking away from the boy and focusing on my two besties.

"Why are you blushing?" She asked, a smirk clear on her face.

Woah, you always have the best eyesight in the wrong moment.

"I-I'm n-not!" I said as I waved my hand in disapproval.

"Aww, so cheeks are so red and plumpy~" She cooed as she pinched my poor cheeks.

I swatted away her hands as my roundy cheeks began to ache. She laughed at me when I was rubbing my pained cheeks. At least she had forgotten about-

"Oh, I forgot! What were you looking at, so that you got so pinky."

Why do only the thoughts I don't want to realise, come true?

"W-what are you t-talking about?" I asked, playing the dumb game.

"Don't play with me, Tessa, you know well I won't fall for that." She said, and I was left with no excuse.

I slowly turned my face towards him one last time and then I looked at her fake-angry face.

"OMG!!" She yelled like a lunatic.

"Don't tell me it's him!" She exclaimed dramatically, pointing at the handsome stranger.

Just like we had the worst timing in the world, he noticed us and looked at us with wide eyes. I felt my cheeks heat up with embarassement and Bliss slowly lowered her hand down and turned her face towards Stephen and acted as if she was talking to him.

That bitch!

I looked sideways, and took out my Iphone from my pocket and unlock it, pretending that I was surfing through Instagram. After a few seconds, I looked up from my phone and peered at him, but he wasn't there. I was relieved but I was also curious.

Where could he have gone?

"Looking for me." A husky voice whispered into my ear. My head snapped up, to face with his chest. He was looking down on me. My heart skipped a beat and jumped slightly, tripped over oxygen and fell on the tiles that covered the floor.

Laughter echoed through the entire corridor. Stephen was literally on his knees, hugging his stomach and Bliss was bluntly laughing her heart out. Unlike Stephen, she was on the floor.

I just wanted to melt in the floor in shame as all the students were staring at me, some retaining their laugh, others giving looks of sympathy, some others looking at me devilishly. I lowered my head but then felt someone's hand on my shoulder; I peered up and my mouth hung open. There he bent over in all his glory, holding his hand to me and me as the dumbass I was, I just continued staring at his face.