SEVENTEEN

~1436 words

____

The car ride is quiet. Taehyung drives while me and Jeongguk twiddle our thumbs with anxiety of the mission ahead.

The silence is finally interrupted when Tae decides to speak up. "First of all, we're going to do great. We've been doing these missions for so long, this one shouldn't be a problem. Just be confident. Second, how far away from the house should I park?"

The question makes me chuckle a bit. "Just park a couple blocks away."

Tae nods and the silence continues, so to break the silence again, I speak up. "After this mission I'm thinking about moving into my own house."

Jeongguk perks up at this. He turns to look at me with a surprised look on his face. "What? Why?"

I shrug. "I need to get away from the mafia life, I think. I need to make my own life. Do what I want to do."

He wrinkles up his face in confusion. "You weren't thinking this earlier. I thought you liked it with us. We're trying our hardest to make our house a safe and comfortable home for you."

I click my tongue at his words. "Admittedly, I hate the life I live. I need to explore the world and find a place where I truly belong."

Jeongguk sighs and relaxes back into his seat. "As long as you're happy."

I smile at his words. "I will be once I'm free."

More silence and the silence lasts this time. Tae parks the car a good distance away from the house and we get out to start our mission. 

I decide that if I want to do this right, I need to put all other anxieties out of my mind and focus purely on this mission. "The best spot to get into the house without being noticed is through my bedroom window. They don't have cameras on that wall of the house. That's how Jimin," his name on my tongue makes me shudder, "got in to take me to you guys."

They nod. 

"I think the best plan is to get Tae inside before us. Tae, you're just gonna go for the front door. Knock and somehow get yourself inside. I'm sure you'll think of something."

"Ay, ay captain."

"Jeongguk, we're gonna get in through my bedroom window and make our way to the secret spot I was talking about. Chances are there will be cameras on that room. Right before we get in, I'm gonna have Namjoon knock out those cameras. As far as the rest of the house, I think I know which hallways aren't under surveillance. This should be quick and easy as long as we don't run into anyone," I nod at my own instructions. I look at Taehyung. "Be careful. They're smart. We will tell you when we're ready to leave. Our meeting point will just be back here at the car. Stay safe."

I give him a hug and he starts walking.

I look over at Jeongguk. "Let's go."

I stare up at the window. "I never realized it was this high up," I mumble under my breath. "At least it's already open." Kinda like how I left it a month ago.

"Give me a boost," Jeongguk declared.

"Um, no. I'm not anywhere close to being strong enough for that." I cross my arms.