Moving day

Clementine's POV

'All right first day, god I regret it already.' Dread filled my stomach making me queasy.

"You alright over there sweet pea?" Lee's voice brought me back into reality. I was sitting on the passenger side of Lee's old Dodge avenger on my way to Ericson's boarding school for my sophomore year.

My little adoptive brother AJ huffed in the back seat making his presence known. "I don't want Clem to leave, then I won't be able to see her everyday."

Lee smiled his gentle smile at AJ through the rear view mirror. "But this is Clem's dream school buddy, it would be selfish to keep her from her dream right?" I heard AJ sigh.

"Sorry Clem, I didn't mean to be s-selfish." He had trouble pronouncing the word Lee and I had explained to him a handful of times. "It's alright goofball, I know your just sad, but I won't be gone forever and I'll call every morning, Ok?"

A smile spread across AJ's small face. "Really?" "You bet kiddo, you can't get rid of me that easily." AJ now satisfied with my moving leaned back into his seat before talking again. "I'm hungry."

"We might have some chips in the glove box Clem." Lee said keeping his eyes on the road. I nodded and opened the compartment and found a small bag of chips. Twisting in my seat I handed him the bag of chips that he immediately started eating.

"Slow down there goofball, you'll choke." He did as instructed and I turned back to face out the window, watching the forest pass us. What seemed like too soon the school came into view.

Lee parked by my assigned dorm building. I sigh and look over at Lee, he immediately noticed my unease like he does everytime. Lee reached over placing a hand on my shoulder.

"It's time to go Clementine." He said gently, I nodded and took a deep breathe. Steeling myself before I could work myself up too much, I got out of the car and helped Lee get my things from the trunk.

AJ wanted to help so I let him roll one of my smaller suitcases. It didn't take long to get my stuff into the room. It was all setup on the other side meaning my roommate had already been there before me. Lee nearly cried and honestly so did I.

"Be good sweet pea, and remember you have appointments with Mrs.King on Tuesdays at 6:30." "Lee I'll be fine and you know Carley hates being called by her last name." "Ok just, look at you all grown up." Lee pulled me into a hug that AJ quickly joined in on.

I walked back with them to the car and wished them a safe drive as they pulled out of the parking lot. Suddenly feeling that earlier dread I made my way back to my room to set up my side of the room.

It took a little over 30 minuets to set up my stuff like bed sheets, baseball equipment, and put my clothes away. As well as the couple of framed drawings that AJ had made for me, to 'make it feel like home' as he said.

I had just finished and layed back onto my freshly made bed and pulled out my phone to scroll a bit. I had a few good luck texts from Sarah, Luke, and Duck but that was it.

I had already taken a tour of the school a week ago and try outs for baseball had taken place a few days ago. I was still a bit surprised that I made it onto the team but I was happy.

I decided to go exercise for a bit at the track the school had. I had just changed into a tank top and some shorts when the door opened. I grabbed my hat and placed it back on my head before turning to greet the person whi walked in.

She was...very very pretty. "Hi um I'm Violet Anderson your roommate." She said extending her hand for a handshake. 'Oh cool she doesn't seem so bad.' I shook her hand and introduced myself.