7

Soon, Amanda and I were going out quite regularly. Word got around pretty fast and Krista was livid.

"Do you have any idea how scared I am?" Amanda asked one day.

"Why?"

Jessica rolled her eyes. "Krista, duh. Amanda's waiting for Krista to accost her."

I snaked an arm around her waist and kissed her. "Let me know if anything happens, babe."

Kyle gagged. "Keep the PDA to a bare minimum, please."

"You don't get to talk, Tennyson. You PDA all over the school with a different girl everyday." 

Just then, Amanda said "Ivy!" and started waving enthusiastically. I mentally groaned and looked up. Amanda and Jessica were waving at Ivy, who looked torn between enduring me and offending them.

"It's been so long since you had lunch with us. What happened?" Jessica asked. 

Ivy sighed and sat down, muttering, "It's only been a week."

"I know, but why?" Amanda asked.

Ivy shrugged. "It's nothing, really. Don't worry about it." She took a deep breath and smiled wide. Damn. She had one hell of a gorgeous smile. 

"That's better," Jess said, beaming. "Ivy, I don't think you've met the boys. This is Blake, my annoying twin, Kyle, the stupid idiot and Noah, the blond softie."

All three of us glared at Jessica, who smiled innocently back at us. 

"I'm not a stupid idiot. If you give me a chance, I can show you how smart and skilled I am," Kyle said wiggling his eyebrows. Ivy just rolled her eyes at him.

"Thanks for the... interesting offer, but I'm not interested."

I smirked. Jessica turned to us, an excited expression on her face.

"So, guys! I was thinking we could go somewhere this Friday. What do you think?"

Blake shrugged. "Sure. What have you got in mind?"

"We could go to that new indoor amusement park, in Novus Mall. It's huge!"

"Yea, I heard it opened up recently. It's cool, let's go," Kyle said. 

I shrugged. "Sure." 

Amanda clapped happily and turned to Ivy. "You're coming, right?"

I don't think so.

"No, I... I'll skip this one," she said. 

Yup, I was right.

"Aw come on! Please!" Jessica pleaded.

"I promise you'll have fun. Lots of fun," Kyle winked.

"I'd love to come, but sorry."

Jessica and Amanda kept pleading with puppy eyes till she gave in. 

"Oh god, the two of you are insufferable. Fine. I'll come."

Jess and Amanda squealed and hugged her.

.

.

I was heading to English Literature when it finally happened. Krista.

"Hello Noah."

"I have class."

"So do I. But I need to talk to you."

I sighed. "I'm listening."

"I cannot believe that you'd insult me by dating her. Seriously, such a downgrade."