Addiction

The band constricting my arm gripped between my teeth. A blue vein bulging from the surface. The tip of the needle pressed up against ready to be pushed in. With a single inhale I push through the layers, blood seeping out of the hole, pooling around the indent created by the sharp object. The metal glistened as the sunlight beamed off of it in every direction. With a single push of my thumb the syringe empties its treasures into me. An exhale of pleasure escapes my mouth as I pull the needle out. I grab the tissue that lay next to me, stained in yesterday's escape. Placing it on top of the entry wound I leave it there as the viscous red substance soaks through. My needle gets put back into its rightful place, once again becoming the king of the bag as it regains the throne. I grab the bottle of water beside me, swiftly taking off the cap before releasing the contents into my mouth. The liquid coats my hoarse throat as it goes down. With everything put away I get out off my box, peering outside before getting out. The small glint of sunlight now exceeds the space that I am in. I take one last look at the hermit shell I was in before leaving, escaping into the outside world.