Reminiscing

I wipe the drool that has flowed out of the corner of my mouth. Most of it crusted to my skin. Taking my hands I rub my eyes, trying to wipe away the opaque film that coats my eyes. The world around me finally starts to clear up. My lips cracked and sore I take another swig from the water bottle that is still safely clenched in my hand. Pulling the plastic away I lick the Sahara Desert off of my mouth in an attempt to make the dryness disappear. The sun can be seen from here ever so faintly, making the sky around it glow in an array of colours. Shades of pink, red and yellow crown around the giant star.

I remember the times when I was younger laying on the grass staring up at the sky. When my parents weren't busy with their jobs, we would all do it together. Sometimes mother brought snacks out as we watched the show that went on around us. Inch by inch the sun would disappear but with each passing second the sky got more captivating. There was times when the sunset was so surreal that I would have to sneakily pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. However more often than not we were always interrupted bringing me back from the intergalactic realm I was in. Father despite him being a wonderful business man wasn't the best when it came to his family. He was always flying all over the world, giving presentations one after the other to dozens of corporations. When he was at him his job still followed. The ringing of his cell phone forever engraved into my brain. His cellphone would always come first, often ruining the sunset gazing times we did have. Most days it seemed that he had a bigger obligation to that phone than he did his own family. I let out a sigh, he was just another man lost to the world. The only meaning he had was the worth his job gave him.

" Vrooooom!" a single car drives by, honking its obnoxious horn as it passes.

"You dirty little druggie!" Came bursting out from the car window. Food was found a few feet from me splattered on the pavement. By now I have become accustomed to the comments. Criticizing me for my life choices, at least I have some meaning and not just some guinea pig. However my day dream now lost into the atmosphere, after being interrupted by some ignorant assholes.