Chapter 2: Introductions

Six lead Bill and Dan outside to a blacked out Range Rover, opening the door. Two men dressed in suits and sunglasses stepped out. "These two will valet your cars to the team rainbow compound." Six said, "if you would hand them your keys and let them know what the car is and where it is parked." Dan and Bill handed the keys to the two men and informed them of their cars details and locations. "I wish they payed me enough to afford one of those." Six said to Dan "Same," Dan said. "Before I was in the military I was an entrepreneur, Google bought my company so I made some decent money off it." The two men thanked the new recruits and left to find the cars, while Dan and Bill got in the SUV with Six. The car started driving and a screen was introduced between the drivers part and the back. "So," Six broke the ice, "I got the vibe that you two knew each other before this." Bill nodded, "We went to secondary school together, and spent most of our free time playing Xbox together. We formed a team for a few different games and won an e-sports league together." "Nice," Six nodded, "So you know each other well?" He asked "Well enough to know that Bill took an AK from the armoury at the shooting range." Bill nodded and Six looked surprised, "with no attachments of course." Bill chuckled. "He knows me too well. And for you, I could've sworn the sniper rack was missing a couple of guns." Dan nodded. "I took an M82, but it jammed after the first couple of shots, so I had to steal an AUG off one of the training bots." Six laughed nervously, looking out of the window. "Ah about that, after hearing about the improvised way you had used your gadget in the past, I wanted to see your improvisation skills first hand, so I had specialist Melnikova jam the gun you'd taken when you were putting on the bulletproof vest." The drive went on for a couple of hours until the car came to a stop in the middle of a field. They got out and looked around. There was nothing unusual for a field, besides a number 82 bus driving across the field for some unknown reason. Six took out a keycard and swiped it in a small keypad in the floor, before a disguised hatch in the floor opened, allowing the men to go down. Six went down first and Dan and Bill followed. "Come on, I'll show you around." Six said before walking down a corridor with Bill and Dan in pursuit. They went through a door to a room with a few sofas, a TV, a table with chair around it, a kitchen in a side room, and a pool table. "This is the living room where you will spend most of your free time. Nobody picks it as an objective but it's good for relaxing in." They left the living room and went to the room opposite, which led them into another corridor with many doors. All of the doors had frames for 2 small square inserts each, some of which had acrylic squares with odd symbols on them. "These are the dorms, the two of you will be sharing that room there," he pointed to a door without any symbols, "you can drop your stuff in there now." Six said as he handed them each a keycard. They went into their room to look around. There was a bunk bed, a chest of drawers, a desk, and a wall mounted TV at the foot of each bunk. Under each TV the was a sturdy looking single wall-mounted wooden shelf. Bill took the top bunk, Dan took the bottom. They both dropped their bags onto the beds and left the room. Six started walking again and they followed him to another door in the long corridor. They entered to an armoury which looked to be connected to a shooting range. There were a few people shooting down the range, but Bill only recognised Specialist Cohen from earlier. "This is the shooting range, there are plenty of guns on the wall here. You'll be pleased to know that the M82s here do actually fire." Dan smiled lightly at that, and Six took off again. He showed them to his office, the canteen, the planning room, the laboratory, the medical room and finally the garage, where many cars were parked in spaces designated for them. The two men with suits and sunglasses handed them both their car keys back and went into the building. "Since you will mostly only be leaving this complex for leave and operations I would suggest you take this time to go home and pack anything you'll need and bring it here." They both nodded and went to find their cars. They found their cars in adjacent spaces at the back of the garage. "You always did prefer the R-32 better." Dan said, referring to Bill's R-32 GTR parked in the space. "And you always liked cars that were older then our grandparents." Bill said, referring to the Aston Martin in the next space over. Dan chuckled and they both entered their cars and drove off.