PROLOGUE

Darkness. Darkness consumed the sun, as the day neared its final hours, and let the weak moon take its place, as the fading bearer of light.

Ophelia smirked as the young adult, her prey "escaped" her grip in a grand feat of luck, for the second time. He thought he had escaped; how cute. She knew what she had done when she let him go. She had done it purposely, after all.

She closed the distance between her and her prey with great ease, grinning and baring her teeth at him, as he looked back at her, fear permanently etched on his face.

She loved this. The freedom. The chase. The rush of adrenaline, as she stalked him, as a cat stalks a mouse, silent and ruthlessly cunning, without a hint of hesitation.

Then she stopped. It was so sudden, that he looked back, only to see ...nothing; a void of darkness. Confused, but nevertheless scared for his life, he ran on, trying to get away from the monster that was her.

He thought he could escape.

How wrong he was.

She was in complete control of the whole situation.

She had the power.

She always had the power.

"Oh, Riley." She sang, her voice putting him in a trance, glueing him to the spot, despite his intense will to escape.

Her voice could only be described as heaven, if heaven could be personified. Her hair flowed around her soft oval face in luscious locks of chocolate, her eyes a royal blue that stared into his soul.

Her eyes were the last thing he saw, as she buried her teeth into his neck, and tore his head clean off.

She looked like Heaven, but was definitely from Hell.