part 1.

*I wrote it story for a challenge on Tumblr. Leave a review please, this is my first fic I've ever published! I hope you'll enjoy!*

- - -

"Oliver, it's really just a three-day trip to Central City, I can stay here."

"But what should I do without my beautiful, hard-working EA there who can understand all the tech stuff? I need you" Oliver said pleading with big puppy eyes. It almost convinced Felicity but at the last second she remembered why she needed to be more stubborn than Oliver.

They were sitting in their kitchen after she made sure he had everything necessary for his meeting. The whole problem was that Oliver didn't want to go without her and Felicity didn't want to go either.

"I'm sure you will be fine without me running after you. And it really will be just three days. I will mostly work in the foundry with Roy or watching TV here. I'll be safe."

"But what if the foundry is compromised? Or somebody break here while I'm away? Somebody can hurt you." when he didn't see a change on Felicity's face he added "Or your laptops?"

"Oh no you won't bring my babies into this! You went to overprotective-boyfriend mode because of nothing. Remember, before we met I had lived alone for some years and I am still here alive. Nothing will happen to me and you need to go to this meeting."

"Felicity..."

"Oliver" she looked at his eyes and took his much bigger hand in hers "I will be fine. I won't go out alone and I promise I'll call you if something come up. But nothing will" she added quickly when she saw the unconvinced look on his face "Just leave the topic."

He just sat there, trying to find something more to persuade Felicity to go with him. By being the Arrow by night he knew the worst side of the city and he was worried about Felicity. She was the smartest woman he had ever met but even she couldn't do anything against the evil outside her little town house. Not without him. Since he brought her into his crime-fighting lifestyle he had felt the need to protect her. And that protective instinct had just went more serious since they got together.

He gave up the fight with a loud sigh "Alright. I'll call you when I arrive. Turn on the alarm system and whatever happens don't turn it off, okay? Maybe we should talk with Roy to come over sometimes or he can stay here..."

"Oliver!" there was some trace of her loud-voice so he put up his hands in surrender. He opened his mouth to say something but he was interrupted by his phone.

"I have to go, Digg is here" looked up from the device to meet Felicity's eyes. "Listen..."

"For both of our sakes, don't say anything."

"Then I can't say 'I love you' to my girlfriend?" pouted Oliver. Felicity shook her head slowly and stepped closer to him.

"You can be so cute sometimes." she said and stood on her tiptoes to slid her arms around his neck. He held her tight and kissed her, it seemed he couldn't pull back from her. The kiss became more heated but Oliver's phone buzzed with a text from Diggle again. Felicity reluctantly pulled back a little and started laughing on his pissed look. He touched his forehead to hers and closed his eyes. "I love you, Felicity."

"I love you too. Now go before John break down the door." she pecked him on his lips one last time and pushed him towards the door. "Stay safe. And say hello to Barry for me please! Don't go all Arrow on him, just let him fangirling and everything will be okay."

"Anything else, Mom?" wiggled his eyebrows and Felicity smacked him on his shoulder "I've never gone all Arrow on Barry. Not even a little bit."

"Sure not. Now you should really go!" she tried again to push Oliver through the door but he didn't move and inch.

"You can stay with Lyla. She needs help with the boys and..."

"Goodbye, Oliver." she closed the door after him and laughed at his stubborness. Sometimes she found this sweet but most of the time she couldn't stand it. Finally she had some days off from at least one of her works and she just wanted to enjoy the rare freedom she got. Catch up with her favorite TV shows and eat something that wasn't fast food, maybe look after some bad guy in the Foundry. Just that simple.