Apples? Pt. 5 (Ben)

Ben pushed you behind him, trying to shield you from Maleficient's piercing glare.

"It-It can't be," Mal stuttered. "Go away, mother!"

Maleficient cackled. "She's funny! Oh," she sighed, wiping fake tears away. Her face turned serious and she motioned to Mal, "Here, wand me. Chop chop!"

Mal hesitated for a second before throwing the wand to Fairy Godmother. "No!" screamed Maleficient.

Fairy Godmother started to speak, "Bibbidi-bobbidi-"

Suddenly the wand flew out of her hand into Maleficient's hand, "Boo! Psych!" She cackled. Suddenly, Ben rushed forward and you shouted for him to stop. Maleficent continued to laugh, and just as you reached for Ben, everything froze. You watched, silent, as Maleficent taunted her daughter. Mal, Evie, Carlos, and Jay gathered together. You watched, stunned as they baned together and defeated Maleficent. In a cloud of green smoke, Maleficent shrunk to the 'size of her heart' (according to Fairy Godmother).

You were released and you rushed to Ben, both of you frantically making sure the other was okay. Beast and Belle came over to you and suddenly you were all talking over each other. You noticed Mal and her friends still huddled together. You squeezed Ben's hand and walked over to the group.

"Hey," you said as you reached them. They all looked at you, surprised. "Is everyone alright?"

Mal smiled. "Yeah, I think we are. How are you and Ben?"

You chuckled. "We're fine. We weren't the ones who just faced off with the evilest villain ever."

Mal shrugged. Ban walked over and grabbed your hand. "Well, this was a coronation to remember."

"It's one for the history books, that's for sure," Evie agreed. Mal walked over to her lizard-mother. She picked her up and you all examined her.

"Weird," Carlos commented. You nodded in agreement. It was weird.

"Hey, let's get the party started!" Jay shouted. You all laughed.

~Time Skip~

You were standing with Ben, watching the party unfold. You were content, leaning your head on Ben's shoulder. You saw Evie dancing with Doug, Jay talking with Lonnie, and Carlos awkwardly standing with Jane. The only person you didn't see was Mal.

"Hey." There she was. You and Ben turned towards here, smiles on your faces.

"Hey Mal, having fun?" Ben asked. Mal smiled.

"Yeah," she said, nodding. You walked over to her. You smiled and hugged her. She hesitated before hugging back. She sighed happily. You pulled back.

"Isn't funny that this all started with an apple flavored drink?" you asked, remembering the day you all meet. Mal laughed. You heard Ben chuckle. He walked over and wrapped an arm around you.

"Why aren't you out dancing Mal?" Ben asked. Mal shrugged.

"I could ask you the same question," she replied. You and Ben shared a look. You reached out and grabbed her hand, pulling her with you.

"Well, come on!" you shouted, pulling Mal down the steps. She laughed as music began playing. You danced with her as Ben watched from the side, smiling fondly and adjusting his crown.

He had a feeling that things were looking up.