Prologue

I stepped in to my boss' office and closed the door.

"You wanted to see me Chris?" I asked my boss, "Yes Carter. Please, have a seat." I sat down, not really knowing what was going on.

Chris folded his hands on his desk and cleared his throat.

"Now Carter, I undertand you haven't been doing so well lately? With your mother passing and all." He gave me a solem look.

I pushed back some tears. "Y-yes, my mother and I were really close, and her passing wasn't and still isn't easy."

"Carter, I understand your pain, but it's been over a month. You need to get over it, it's affecting your work here." he said, obviously, annoyed.

He was all ways an asshole.

I wanted to slap that ass on the spot.
"My mom is dead! That isn't something I can just get over!" I shouted, angrily.

He has a lot of fucking nerve! When his "cat died" he didn't come to work for two weeks. I came to work the day after the funeral!

"I'm sorry Carter but I can't have you making the clients uncomfortable with your depression. I'm afraid I'm going to have to let you go."

I failed to fight back a few tears. "Chris, you don't understand, I need this job! My dad is worse than me! He-he can't work, he can't sleep! He just sits there half the time and he spends the other half crying!"

Please Chris! I need this job!" I pleaded.
"I'm sorry Carter, but I've made up my mind."

"You're fired."