Chapter 2

After Liam dropped me off at my house, I danced around my living room, extremely happy.

Never in my lifetime would I have thought that someone like Liam would EVER ask me out. I swear I almost screamed when he asked me.

After I finished my little jig, I went into my dad's room to check on him.

I carefully opened my father's door, just in case he was sleeping. I found him sitting up on his bed, leaning against the wall.

Gray had almost completely taken over his shaggy brown hair. His face was pale and unshaven. His once bright blue eyes, were now dark and colorless except for the light tinge of red from all the crying.

He held a photo in his hand of me and my mom. No tears fell from his face. He's cried so much, he can't anymore.

"Daddy?" I whispered. He looked up from the photo. He smiled a weak smile and held out his arms.

I smiled and sat next to him on his bed. I snuggled into his arms and sighed. I liked him better when he was sober.

My father kissed my head lovingly and held me tighter. As if he were afraid I would leave him too.

"I'm here daddy. I won't leave you. I promise." I whispered. A tear fell down his cheek and onto my arm.

"I know sweetie." he said hoarsely. I almost burst into tears right there.

He talked. He actually talked. He hasn't spoken a word knowingly ever since she died.

"I love you..." I whispered.

"I love you too baby girl." I smiled at the name he used to call me.

Yeah, I know, typical daughter nickname. I still loved it when he called me that.

"Hey guess what."

"What?" He asked.

"I have a date. This Saturday. He's really nice."

He sat up and smiled weakly. His scarred hands came up to stroke my face. "My baby girl is growing up."

I giggled and kissed his hand. "I'll always be here with you." I said, "Always."

He smiled as tears came to his eyes. Je closed his eyes and nodded. "I know baby girl."

"I know."