Chapter One:

Ugh. Why were dragons crowding around me all the time and saying silly useless things? I was so sick and tired of all this talk from, -well, everyone, especially my mother. So, one starry night, when I could see the round, pearly moon even from under the waves, I snuck out. Plankton were drifting everywhere, glowing in different colors. The reef was silent, with the occasional comb jelly drifting by. The kelp was wafting in the current peacefully. I lay there, in the gritty sand, my tail slowly moving from side to side observing my surroundings. Then my eyelids drooped, and I was asleep. In my sleep I did not notice the sudden strong current, but when a pair of cold talons were drawn across my spine, I woke. I found myself face to face with a emerald green dragon. With a flick of his wrist, his claws elongated in long, transparent spikes containing...some odd looking glowing purple liquid. Then, the dragon lunged at me. I felt a shock,and had a strange vision of me having my wings spread out and having bright- but at the same time Dark green  electricity coursing through them, and then my eyes rolled back in my head, I saw the dragon from the- I think he or she was from the Emerald Tribe, and the world went black.