Hak x Reader Soulmate! AU Part 1

Soulmate Concept: In the whole entire world, everybody is born with something that symbolizes that they have a soulmate. Such examples include a timer on your wrist that counts down the remaining time before you meet your significant other, having a colorless world until you meet your soulmate and you are able to see colors, and another is being able to see the red string of fate that connects you and your soulmate.

In this oneshot, the concept is the Tattoo AU, where you and your soulmate are born with the same tattoo. You are born with a tattoo that symbolizes the one and only Hak, an eye-catching and striking dragon, as dark as the night itself.

Key

(O/M) = Original Middle School

(B/F) = Best Friend

Requested by @Nerd_Life18

Hopefully nobody will notice my tattoo, you thought as you put on your brand-new high school uniform. Every piece of clothing seems to have just covered about your tattoo, just leaving the piercing lightning blue eyes behind for the rest of the world to see. You're a highschool student, starting a new year, and you live in a world where you have to play Spot-The-Same-Tattoo-As-Yourself to find out who your soulmate is.

And apparently, your soulmate has something to do with a goddamn huge dragon that covers the whole area of your left shoulder up to your left collarbone that snakes around your back. When you go outside with the eyes of your tattoo out in the open for the public to see, many people tend to avoid you. After all, they were uncomfortable with your tattoo, which isn't your fault to begin with though. Usually you would ignore this, and go on with your day, even if people were whispering behind your back.

"Wow, look at that tattoo. What is that, a dragon?"

"Hey, don't point, just avoid looking at her."

"Wow, her soulmate must be a brute."

"Ewww, I don't want to be her. She's stuck with someone uglier than she is, and that's saying a lot."

This specific morning though, you felt as if something annoying was bound to happen. Yet you couldn't put your finger on it. Today is another day of school at Akatsuki High, and while you walked in school, a group of kids appeared suddenly. "Hey, it's the weirdo", one of the appalling ones with the pink hair sneered, almost bumping into you. Dammit, I almost made it to lunch. Also, I could've dropped my croissant.

"Weirder than your hair situation? I don't think so", you snapped back, walking faster. Her eyes widened. "You BITCH." Obviously getting pissed off that you couldn't enjoy your lunch in peace, your patience grew thin. Her tactics were outdated, as friends called each other bitches. For example, you and B/F call each other '#1 bitch' all the time. Looking around the hall, you recognized Hak, one of your classmates. He was considered popular and hot at your school. You know, the typical-hot-guy-every-one-wants-to-date- or-have-as-their-friend.

The group cornered you to the wall and the wave of students walking to class ignored you. It was nothing personal, your tattoo was scary. Even your bullies shuddered a little now as the tattoo's piercing blue eyes bored into their own orbes, as if wanting to eradicate them. "Aren't you going to respond? What are you, deaf?" Trashy Pinky Pie tried to provoke you, but you ignored her weak comeback. "Oh, sorry. I stopped listening because it seemed like you were describing yourself. You know, a bitch."

Sakura Look-Alike glared furiously at you. Her name was... actually, you couldn't remember. After all, the human brain got rid of unnecessary information spontaneously. She has hated you ever since you took the spot as one of the smartest students in the grade. You know, those self entitled people that you hate as soon as you see them? Yeah, that's her.

Back to reality~

She shoved you into what was supposed to be the wall, but turned out to be Hak. "What the hell?" he growled. Yeah, what the fuck dude. If I were a bully, I wouldn't shove my victim into another person to regulate the amount of witnesses. Smh, even I have better strategies than you. "S-sorry, Hak-senpai. You look especially hot toda- I mean, uhhh.... Sorry, I was fooling around with my BEST FRIEND Y/N here." Pink haired girl blundered, while twirling a piece of hair.

You started laughing. "Are you trying to seduce him? You twerp. Also, who said that I wanted to be your friend? I'll rather befriend an actual garbage can than you. Trying tremendously to impersonate one won't work, sadly."

She showed her true colors again. "YOU BITCH. NOBODY ASKED YOU" She tried to shove you again, but karma's a bitch. You obviously watched and observed her pattern: insulting, bragging, physical movement, repeat. So you sidestepped her puny action and she almost fell down the conveniently built staircase that she was two feet away from. Dammit, if only the staircase was a couple feet closer. Whipping her head around so fast that you were sure that her neck would've broken, Fake Kirby got up and was literally radiating frustration. As if that was normal for her everyday.

"That's enough, Nao. Go run off with your pathetic group and do something useful for once. Geez, you're giving me a headache," Hak finally responded, glaring at her. Nao? Doesn't that mean honest something? Who ever pitched in the idea of naming her Nao should be ashamed. Tacky Bubble Gum girl froze, not used to Hak telling her off. "O-okay, Hak-senpai! Whatever you want!" She rushed off with the rest of her group, glancing back once in a while, hoping they wouldn't get in trouble. Watching them run off in the distance, you turned to Hak. "Uh, thanks for helping. Even though you didn't have to." Shaking his head, he opened his mouth to disagree. "No, I should've said something earlier." Noticing that you seemed a little bit lost and lonely, Hak asked you if you wanted to sit with him and his group of friends.

"Sure", you replied hesitantly. Why is he even doing this for me? Did I seem that alone? Ever since B/F transferred to another school, you've been a lone wolf, but that didn't mean you enjoyed being alone. Having lunch with his friends were fun. By the end of the period, they had become attached to you and had taken a liking to you. It was so relaxing to have a group of people to chat with during lunch...

By the end of the day, things were definitely looking up and it became even better when Hak offered to walk you to the entrance so "Nao" won't bother you. You both were walking in silence when he suddenly asked, "Are you really ok?" You sighed, internally."Yep. Thanks for your help." "No problem, you're welcome to hangout with us at anytime."

Yona suddenly popped up. "Yeah, Y/N! You should totally eat with us everyday!" Smiling at her, you thanked her gratefully. [Yona's such a great friend uwu] With a tiny smile, he escorted you to the entrance and walked away.

Helped majorly by the fantastical DailyCupOfCaffiene , go follow her~

Thanks!

I hoped you enjoyed the chapter, part two will be up soon!