Chapter One: The Secluded Keep...

A portal appears upon a cliff that overlooks the sea. Voidbringer steps out of the portal and sighs.

"Well then, time to get to work. But where to begin?"

He gazes across the horizon, until something catches his attention. A Secluded Keep, off the shores.

"Let's hope they have someone worthy."

He made his way down the cliff and toward his destination.

The keep was old, and it hadn't aged well.

Voidbringer walked through the gates, which were damaged and hanging ajar. He looked around and found that despite appearances, the keep was certainly populated.

Many of them looked like drifters, refugees, and some were likely criminals. However, Voidbringer sensed that just what he'd need was residing within the keep.

He entered the main courtyard, where most of the people resided.

There were small tents and camps along what was left of the walls. There were even some small stalls where people attempted to sell products, such as food and even a few weapons.

"Tell me," he said, speaking to no one in particular, "Is someone in charge of this... shantytown?"

No one paid mind to his words, and went on about their business.

He waited a moment, then...

"Oi!" he shouted.

Distracted by the sound, they turn their eyes to Voidbringer in confusion.

"I haven't any time for this insolence."

Voidbringer clenched his poleaxe, and began to visibly steam with disdain.

A crowd begins to form around Voidbringer, staring in astonishment, for they had never seen such powers.

Everything stops, however, when someone taps on Voidbringer's shoulder from behind.

Voidbringer turns to see a man standing before him, clad in armor, wielding a shield and flail.

"You," Voidbringer says, "What do you have to say?"

The man shakes his head.

"Nothing?! And why is that."

The man points to his throat.

"I take it that you can't speak then?"

He nods in response.

"Well then, you are of no use to me."

The man points to the inner gate of the keep. He beckons Voidbringer to follow.

"Well, fine then," Voidbringer responds.

He follows the man, who leads him deep within the keep, into a large open room that looks as though it was once a mess hall or storage room. Now, it is a mash of randomly placed tables, crates, and bedrolls. In the center of it all, sat a man in a chair, reading a book.

"Is this one in charge of things," Voidbringer asks the mute.

He nods, confirming Voidbringer's suspicions.

"So, you are in charge of everything in this," Voidbringer says, gazing around the room of ruin, "shell of a keep."

The man looked up and was taken aback by the sight which greeted him.

Voidbringer paused himself. Something about this man struck him as familiar.

They both blurted the other's name simultaneously.