PROLOGUE

It was a tiring day, as usual.

Well, what should I expect with my job? I'm a theoretical physicist, I do research to prove theories.

Ugh.

And sometimes, I feel like everybody thinks I'm crazy being obsessed with the Multiverse Theory.

What's the problem with devoting my life to it?

Come on, I have no family to live with, my parents already died and I have no siblings, nobody will care about where my life will head to.

As I walk upstairs to get into my unit, my legs suddenly felt weak. My hands automatically grabbed the handrails for support because I feel like I might stumble down.

Then my eyes went blurry and I felt like my vision is spinning.

Voices started echoing inside my head.

"She's totally insane! She wanted to prove that impossible thing!"

"She'll die with her funny theory anyways."

"Did you know? She never took the licensure exam because she's scared!"

"She doesn't even qualify to be here, I wonder what she did hmm."

"She's a freak!"

Tears suddenly flowed down my face.

"Please, stop. I cannot take this anymore! Please!" I screamed out of frustration, hoping that it would stop the voices.

I continued to walk upstairs seeing almost nothing but the light on the ceiling.

The noises in my head started to get louder.

"Keira, stay calm," then I let out a deep sigh to relax myself and to stay calm with what's happening.

Surprisingly, my legs felt normal again. So, I rushed to the door with number 241, my room unit.

I wiped my tears and tried to clear my sight. I opened my bag and searched for my unit's door key.

Aha!

It's in the mini pocket inside my bag.

I quickly grabbed it and when I am about to insert the key in the doorknob, I dropped it.

Fuck it.

I picked it up and attempted to insert the key again.

My hands suddenly felt weak. Same with what my legs experienced earlier.

My hands can't align itself with the keyhole. What is happening with me?!

Then all of a sudden, my vision went black.

---

As I open my eyes, I saw a white light from above.

I looked around to see where I am.

Ah, hospital.

*click*

Somebody opens the door.

"Why am I here?" I asked the man in a white gown that looks obviously the doctor.

"Somebody saw you lying on the floor outside your room, you have fainted," he said.

"Well, uh thanks, I gotta go. I have to wake up early tomorrow for my work. I'll just pay the bills in the cashier. Where's the cashier?"

"I'm afraid to say, you can't go yet."

I frowned at him. He looked so serious and I was like WHAT NOW?

"I'm already okay, you see? I just fainted, no biggie."

I stood up from the bed and gathered my things.

I gotta go home.

"No, you're not. We still have to assess you," he blocked my way and closed the door.

"Assess my what?"

Argh. I'm starting to get really annoyed.

"Look at your arms, they're twitching. That doesn't look normal though."

Well, he's right.

There's something wrong with me.

"You need to undergo electromyography. I'm afraid you might have a motor neuron disease."

What did he just say?

"Specifically, the amyotrophic lateral sclerosis."