zero

Harts © 2019 Kelly Ge All Rights Reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods—note that it is a punishable criminal offence to do any of these things and I will actively seek out plagiarizers.

⚠  

For those who have followed me for some time, you will know that I have dealt with other people copying parts of my work before. For writers, that feels like the equivalent of direct copying and it's a violation of copyright. For that reason, I am quite sensitive and protective of my work and I hope you understand why I feel a need to emphasize some of these points: 

If you see similarities between this story and another on Wattpad, please message me about it with a link + title + username — I will literally dedicate a chapter to you and/or will declare my love publicly.

If you're reading this story on anywhere OTHER than Wattpad, it is NOT with my permission. Please contact me on wattpad.com/KellyGe to let me know because you're likely reading some pirated version.

If you are drawing inspiration from parts of my work, I greatly appreciate those who message me about it to clarify or discuss first, even if it's the tiniest of concerns. I'm open to having a conversation! I understand you are a writer and have original ideas too! Please know that there is a fine line between inspiration and spinning the same ideas in a different way.

Exhibit A: A story is set in a small town in Rainy Bay. There are 6 characters (three boys and three girls) who are all in university. They are introduced at the start of summer break. The character names, introductions, backgrounds, relationships, interactions, and dialogue are vaguely similar. The storyline progresses with a similar set of events, with familiar emotional content and challenges. To me, there are too many red flags in Exhibit A to ignore (and it has happened before). Don't be Exhibit A.

@simonesaidwhat does an EXCELLENT job highlighting these concerns: (tagged in the comment!)

⚠ 

What happens if there's a copycat?

BLOCK/REPORT: In the case that this story has been copied in whatever form, the user will be blocked and reported, and hopefully have their account deleted. As a reader, you can also report the user to make Wattpad aware (and let me know first via a private message!)

ZERO TOLERANCE: In an extreme case, I will unpublish the story completely, and probably leave entirely. Seeing something I've worked hard to create being stolen again is emotionally draining, so I'm putting this out here in hopes that people will not copy and those of you who are reading will help me find copycats.

⚠ 

TL;DR: copying work spoils the fun for everyone. please do not do it.