Love stories

I was walking back to my room like my soul had left my body. The previous scene was in my mind and breaking my heart into a million pieces. How could he just sleep with another women like that after kissing one a few hours ago?

All that was going on in my mind was getting my ass out of this fucking island. I don't want to be around him anymore. I cannot control my anger before him after what had happened. I went to the room to find Chaeyoung in the bathroom. Before she could come out from there, I packed up all my things and wrote a small note that I had a family emergency. I did not stress on the matter and kept it low-key. Then, I changed my shorts to one of my sweatpants.

I checked whether I had packed all of my things once and left the room. I went to the receptionist and gave the spare key as I informed her that I was checking out of the hotel. She thanked me for the stay and greeted me to have a nice day. Yeah, nice day my ass.

I called for a cab and directed him to take me to the ferry. He took me there and I was surprised that the ferry was available at such an hour. I boarded onto the ferry and reached Mokpo after which I headed to the station. To my luck there was a train to Busan which was to arrive after five minutes. I got my ticket and waited till the train arrived. As soon as it arrived I searched for my seat and dropped on it.

After a good 20 minutes, the train started moving. I took out my phone which was on silent mode and pressed the power button to find another 5 missed calls from Chaeyoung. She had also sent a message which said, "You could have waited till I came out of the bathroom. Anyways be safe and call me or leave a text message as soon as you reach home" .

As I sat there looking through the window at the moving figures, I realized what I was doing. I was running away like a coward that I am. I could have just approached him the next day and asked him for an explanation. But my weak and insecure self was not ready to confront the truth. So, I am running away from my problems rather than facing them. "That's what you are best at" I mumbled to myself as tears started flowing from my eyes. They wouldn't stop and the exhaustion of all the drama made me rest my head on the glass window.

I never realized when I had dozed off because when I woke up, I was already in Busan. It was past midnight and I didn't bother to look at the time. I took all my bags and exited the station. I boarded a cab and went home. As soon as I reached my destination and got off the cab after paying for the ride, I looked at my house as I mentally noted, 'Back to the hellhole'. 

I went to the door and grabbed the spare key which was under one of the pots at the front. I opened the door slowly and silently made my way to my room, being careful not to wake up anyone. 

As soon as I reached my room, I plopped on my bed as exhaustion took over me. It was hard for me to forget the sight of Taehyung sleeping with Jenny. The tears rolled down my eyes again. I didn't want to cry and look so pathetic even though my heart was breaking into pieces. I had to get myself together. It is not the end of the world now. I still have my whole life ahead of me.

My head hurt more at the moment than from the hangover in the morning. What I had done was what I was best at doing. Running away from the problems than facing them. I just hoped that I never cross ways with Kim Taehyung ever in my life. 

PRESENT DAY

So, here I am after seven years after the incident, thinking about him yet again. He never left my mind after that. Am I still mad at him because of that incident? Not a single bit. I had realized that I was not able to understand love at that time. I was just a teenager. But I wasn't sad now. As someone had once told, Don't be sad that its over, be happy it happened. I was happy that I could experience something like love.