Chapter Five

Ash POV

I woke up to my alarm going off. I quickly turned it off and started my morning routine, shower, getting dresses, breakfast etc. "Damn you had to wake up. That sucks..." I groan as I listen to the voice. I need to talk to sapphire as soon as I can. She's probably mad at me for dodging her question yesterday. I quickly made it to class and took my seat waiting for sapphire to get to class.

"What if she doesn't want anything to do with you? What are you going to do then?" The voice kept asking questions and i couldn't get it to stop. "Shut up..." i whispered to myself, well to the voice. The other students must have noticed me talking to myself because they began to whisper. "Can you believe the she's friends with him?" "what a freak. I feel bad for her.." I quickly got up and rushed out of class. I couldn't take the whispering. I decided to ditch class and headed to the art building to work.

I made it to the art building and made my way to my station or work space. I pulled out the paint , brushes, and my canvas. After setting up my space i turned my music on and shuffled my playlist.

*time skip*

I didn't notice the person standing behind me until they tapped my shoulder causing me to jump and drop my paint brush. I quickly picked it up and turned around to see sapphire, I  eternally gulped. "Hey...." I state sheepishly.

Sapphires POV

"Hey.." was the first thing he said to me. I thought he was ignoring me. " i'm sorry for walking away on you yesterday." ash said as he looked down. " it's ok. I shouldn't have asked you something so personal. I know you'll tell me when your ready." ash smiled at me so I smiled back. "Come on pull up a chair i'll tell you what happened." I pulled up a chair and listened.

Ash POV

After she pulled up a chair i got ready to tell her everything. I'm being completely honest with you i'm scared. "You don't have to .." she stated. "No, you deserve to know." " I was born October thirty first, my parents put me and my sister Alex up for adoption at the age of five. I spent four years in a children's home. When I turned nine I was adopted by a young couple. In middle school I was pretty much a loner and the bullying only got worse. The bullying and my parents caused me to shut out everyone and not to trust anyone. Soon after that I made my first suicide attempt. My adoptive parents became neglectful and abusive when they had there own kids. My life seemed so pointless so I attempted to take my own life seven more times. I was afraid of telling you this stuff because I thought you would leave me alone and tell everyone else." I stopped talking and waited for her response. When she didn't say anything I got worried and anxious. A couple minutes went by and I slowly gave up only to feel someone hugging me. " i'm sorry." sapphire said. I shook my head and told her it wasn't her fault.

Sapphire POV

After hearing all that and hugging him I got an idea. " ash would you come with me this afternoon to the pet shelter?" "sure" he stated.

AN: It might be short but it's a lot to write for me so....yeah here's chapter five. As always please tell me is your enjoying the book and if your not please tell me why. If you happen to find spelling or grammar mistakes feel free to call me out on it, it won't hurt my feelings. I promise the next chapter while not be as depressing as this one.