24

Annaleigh watched as Connor tucked Rebecca in and pulled over her desk chair. She felt her heart swell with love for this amazing man; he had become a comfort to her just this past weekend.

"Why are you in the chair? Mama always lays in bed with me when she reads," Rebecca informed him.

"I'm a little bigger than your mama," Connor remarked. Annaleigh could tell he didn't want to overstep with her.

"True, I don't want you to break my bed. Mama, you come lay with me," Rebecca demanded.

"Only while Connor reads and then you are going to bed," Annaleigh replied slipping in next to Rebecca. She felt ridiculous laying there waiting for Connor to read.

"Comfy?" he asked with a chuckle.

"Don't," she warned.

"Let's start." Connor opened the book to where they had left off and read until the twenty-minute timer went off.

"Aww, one more minute," a sleepy Rebecca begged.

"No, we have school tomorrow. Good night, Poppet." Annaleigh stood up and kissed her forehead.

"Night Mama, night Connor," Rebecca called with a smile. Annaleigh and Connor left the room making their way down to her room.

"You are an amazing mother." Connor wrapped his arms around her and closed the door.

"Thank you, I'm always worrying about how I am doing and if my time with her biological father has messed her up for life," Annaleigh explained. She leaned back into his strong arms and let his scent drift over her, calming her nerves. She knew she and Connor would have to talk about Wesley and she didn't want him to think badly of her.

"You are my mate and Rebecca is a resilient little girl. Whatever you went through with Wesley is over and she knows it. Will you tell me what happened the years you were with him?" Connor asked, he pushed her into a sitting position on the bed and proceeded to take off her shoes, rubbing her feet.

"Can I shower and get ready for bed? This is a long story and I want to be able to stay in your arms the whole time I tell it," Annaleigh begged. Connor nodded and scooped her up into his arms as if she weighed nothing and walked her over to the bathroom. He turned on the water and set her down helping her out of her clothing, she, in turn, helped him. By the time they were naked, both were aroused and couldn't stop the tide of desire raging through their bodies. Annaleigh jumped into his arms and Connor walked them into the shower where he slid home into her very wet pussy. He used the shower wall to hold her up as his hands gripped her thighs almost painfully. Annaleigh couldn't care less, she wanted him to move and make her feel like a queen. She pushed her hips impatiently and he nipped at her neck.

"Demanding aren't we tonight?" He captured her lips in a kiss and moved out of her and slowly back in building the fire between them. She groaned and gripped his hair in her hands as she tugged at his bottom lip.

"Connor please!" she moaned into his mouth and he increased his pace by a fraction. She growled at him and clawed at his shoulders.

"I am going to explode," she gasped. Her heartfelt like it would burst out of her chest and she could just feel the cusp of her orgasm coming on.

"Say you will be mine Annaleigh," Connor demanded pumping in and out of her faster.

"God yes!" she yelled, and to her surprise, he turned her around so she was braced against the wall and he slid back into her from behind. She'd never had sex this way and he felt even bigger inside of her. She gasped and moaned as he pounded in and out of her until she felt ready to burst. His hand slid down her hip and pressed her little bundle of nerves. She flew over the edge, a kaleidoscope of colors filling her vision and screamed out his name. He tensed behind her, bit her and left a set of scratches from his claws on her hip. The mix of pain and pleasure from his pounding into her nonstop pushed her into another orgasm.

"Connor!" she gasped, he pumped once, twice and then spilled his seed into her. Annaleigh leaned against the cool tile wall of the shower and took deep breaths. Never had she been pushed to an orgasm so quickly.

"Are you okay?" Connor asked, licking at the bite wound he left in her right shoulder.

"Never better, did you mark me?" she asked, he nodded and she turned to pull him in for a hug.

"Thank you, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I know this is crazy and we've only been back together for a weekend, but this feels right. I keep trying to tell myself I need to slow us down for Rebecca, but she seems to want you just as much as I do. There is a pull between us Connor and Rebecca feels it too. Promise me you will always love us and keep us safe. You won't ever leave us." Connor smiled and kissed her gently.

"I've never loved another Annaleigh and I never will. Marry me?" He got down on one knee in the shower and she laughed,

"You are proposing in the shower?"

"You're right, come on." Connor quickly washed her and then his own body before bundling her into a towel, wrapping one around his waist. He pulled her into the bedroom and pushed her down onto the bed.

"Annaleigh Jane Crenshaw, will you marry me?" Connor asked again on bended knee and pulled a ring box out of his jeans.

"Oh. My. God!" she gasped. He opened the box and inside sat a round sapphire surrounded by tiny diamonds that covered the band.

"I've had this ring for you since I turned twenty-one. I was going to go and find you once I made it as sheriff in this town. We are fated mates and I want to spend the rest of my life making you and Rebecca happy. Please marry me." Connor held out the ring and she nodded unable to find any words, tears streaming down her face as he placed the ring on her finger and kissed her hard on the mouth. Towels were quickly discarded and they made love again. 

A/N: Please let me know how you like the story, any suggestions or feedback would be much appreciated. Don't forget to vote!