Chapter One - My Love

“OH, GUESS WHO'S THE one behind the beautiful Katrina,” said Adam, one of Jefferson’s “Best Boys”.

        I’m with the company of these boys, except Jefferson, for almost an hour now and wishing that Jeff was here for me to escape these gossip boys; whom you will not be able to notice how crazy gossipers these boys are because of their hunk appeals, but they are actually teasing me up to this moment, forcing me to tell them what’s going on between me and their friend.

        “Hey,” I said while smiling, touching Jeff’s hands that are covering my eyes. “Where have you been?”

        He removed his hand and sat beside me, looked at me while smiling. That smile that every woman will die just to have a single look, and those eyes that even a female mollusk can have its attention captured.

        I smiled back and looked at him the way he looked at me. Then the boys naughtily made us hear their “oooohhhhhh!”, and “cheesy!”, and I couldn’t help but to feel more hoity-toity and really got my cheeks rosy.

        The boys continued to give those reactions as Jeff continued to show his sweetness for me, and though we acted like we’re just ignoring them, I still noticed how happy his friends were for us and I fully know why.

        Jefferson was a drop-dead gorgeous creature. Everyone around was aware that almost all women with his same age and even other teenage girls like me in this town were after this tall, dark, and ruggedly handsome man. But despite of the good looks, Jeff never took advantage of his deadly asset of being overly handsome. He never had a girlfriend, nor seen with any other woman except with his adopted mom, and of course, with me when I came into his life.

        Those boys told me that they never saw Jefferson in love, smiling, laughing, and blooming, until they got the news that we are officially on. They even thought before that their friend is a gay, for not having a love life even though he’s a very good-looking one; but of course they just laughed about that idea.

        They are aware that they are very amusing to be with, and Jeff is also a very delightful person. But they said that despite of that, Jeff never smiled and laughed they way he does when he’s with me. And they were very glad and thankful to me that I came into their friend’s life.

        They said that Jeff was a very good friend to them, he cared a lot for his friends, and so his friends cared a lot for him. Those boys were actually like a circle of gays when it comes to caring for each other. And that is why they wanted me to take very good care of their friend, to treat him right, and to love him the way he loves me. But honestly, I almost laughed when they told me that; when I heard those words from those nifty chic men like they are a group of women handling down one of their precious friend into her bad boy-looking boyfriend.

        For an ordinary seventeen-year-old like me, of course, it was a great honor to be the girlfriend of a man whom every woman will die to have. But sometimes, I wonder why I was the one chosen by Jefferson to be his girlfriend. Or if he really loves me, or he just want to experience having a girlfriend since he never had one, and I was just the one whom he wanted to be his first, since there’s really nothing special about me.

        But, Jeff made me feel how special I am. How precious I am. How lovable I am, and how much he loves me. And no one ever made me feel this way, even my own parents.

        I would surely treasure his love for the rest of my life.