Hum Hallelujah Part One

Dean's Point of View:

I stared up at the large towering building casting a shadow over me from the night sky. I looked behind me and Cas was gone. I tried to hold in my tears, long enough to find out what this building was. I walked down a set of stairs to confront an iron gate. I pulled it open as it creaked. I walked inside to find another staircase, but much larger this time. It looked as if I was inside an apartment building. It looked vaguely familiar. I continued walking up the steps until I reach one particular apartment door. A glowing light was around the perimeter of said door. I opened it and walked inside, peeking in through the dark rooms of the apartment.

Until someone tackled me. Another person walked into the room and turned on the light asking, "What is going on?"

I stared at the person who had tackled me. It was Sam. I pulled him into a hug, completely out of breath. He questioned, "Dean? Is this another part of my heaven?"

I held him at arms length, "Sammy, it's me. I um died."

He stared at me, "What?!"

I pulled him into a hug again, "I missed you so much, buddy. You have no idea. I love you, Sammy."

He parted my back, "I missed you too. And I love you too, Dean."

We pulled apart. I looked at Jess, "Oh my god it's you!"

She smiled, "Yep it's me."

I asked Sam, "Where's Bobby?"

"I'll take you there in a second, but what happened man?"

"Long story. I'll tell you later. Let's go see Bobby."

He held Jess' hand and I followed him out of his apartment from his college years and across the hall to another apartment door. It had the same glowing perimeter. Sam opened the door and immediately we were taken to Bobby's home. Bobby greeted them at the door with a bunch of beers. When he saw me, he dropped the beer he had been holding, "Please for the love of god, tell me you aren't dead like Sam and you're just apart of my heaven."

I pulled him into a hug and he whispered, "You idjit."

After, a minute or two I finally pulled away, "I'll tell you guys later how I died, but first I need to tell all of you something."

They all stared at me waiting for me to continue. So I did, "Well Cas and I ended up becoming a couple a little bit after Sam's funeral."

They all smiled at me. Sam yelled at Bobby, "I told you so!"

Bobby retorted, "No I told you!"

I intercepted, "Anyways, guys, I don't know what to do. I love him more than anything, but now I can never see him again. This is supposed to be my eternal happiness, but I can't be happy unless I have him by my side...."

Bobby suggested, "Why don't you just get on your damn knees and pray to him?"

"Will that even work when we're already in heaven?"

Sam gave me a look, "Why don't you try it, Dean?"

"But he said he could never see me again?"

Sam looked at me concerned and furrowed his brow, "Why can't he?"

I took a deep breath of frustration and spoke in a fast pace, "Long story. Okay so when Sam died, Cas became human by choice because he loved me and then when I died he put his grace back inside of him so he could save me, because at first I was brought to hell," I took a breath, "Apparently the head angel bitch told him that if he didn't serve heaven and disobeyed that rule, then Sam would be sent to hell."