Demons don't cry

Castiel pushed away from Sam and left the room. Dean and Sam stood alone. "Sammy I think-" Dean started to say.

"Don't" Sam said under his breath.

Dean stopped and tilted his head "Don't what?"

"Don't call me Sammy." Sam clenched his jaw

Dean's heart dropped. The echoes of his brother's words in his head like gun fire. Dean swallowed hard, "But you're my baby brother  Sammy." Sam flinched at his own name

"Not any more, Not while you're like this." Sam had started to cry. Sam left the room without saying anything else.

As soon as the door closed Dean fell to his knees. His body hadn't gotten the memo of no salt and his tears stung as they rolled down his cheek. "I am still Dean." his face painted with emotion. Demons shouldn't have emotions. Dean thought.

Sam entered  the kitchen to see Castiel sitting at the table. "What do you want to do then Sam?" Castiels words harsh.

Sam took a defensive stance "I don't think you have right to be upset with me."

Castiel looked up ready to yell at Sam. He looked at Sam eyes Red, cheeks puffy, face drained, and still a stray tear on his jaw. "He is your brother." Castiel whispered. Sam walked over to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of whiskey. "Now is not the time to be consuming alcohol."

"I don't need your permission to drink. Plus, I am just doing what Dean would do." Sam semi smiled.

Castiel was frustrated "Dean would be out there!" Castiel pointed towards the surface "Looking for a way to get his Sammy  back. Not sitting her drinking  because he pities himself! He does that on his own time!" Castiels shouting left him out of breath.

"I never was good enough." Sam took a swig of the whisky.

Castiel walked across the room very calmly, took the bottle and chucked it across the room. "I understand he is your brother, but he is the man I gave everything up for and if you won't make up a plan I will."

Sam looked across the room, glass shattered on the ground. "Do what you want as far as I am concerned right now he's not my brother." 

"Maybe it is the other way around." Castiel growled. He was on the verge of punching Sam in the face. "I am going to go check on Dean."

Castiel left the room. He opened the door to see Dean on his hands and knees crying.

Dean looked up at the sound of footsteps, He wiped his tears from his face. " It's funny." Dean said through his tears, "I was under the impression that Demons didn't have feelings."

Castiel smiled "If you can still feel it is means a you still have some humanity left in you."