Chapter 10: My Jokes Are Ama-zhang!

Nobodies P.O.V

Tim woke up to the sound of laughter which was kind of new to him.

Ever since Bruce and Percy got into their 3-day argument and silent treatment the atmosphere had been kind of tense.

The smell of different breakfast foods was overtaking his senses and he had to eat.

He climbed out of his bed and let his feet carry him to the kitchen where Percy and Bruce where cooking, Percy was telling her horrible jokes, and Maria was eating her fruit.

"How do you make holy water?" Percy asked Bruce.

"I have no idea but I bet you're going to tell me."

"You take normal water, and boil the hell out of it!" Percy says throwing her head back in a fit of laughter.

Tim couldn't help but snort gaining the others attention.

"Good morning Tim," Percy says giving the boys a bright smile.

"Good morning Percy, Bruce, and Maria."

"Hi," Maria says.

"Good morning," Bruce says.

"Come sit by me," Percy says pulling the chair next to her out. "You can listen to my amazing jokes too."

"Poor kid," Bruce says earning a smile from Tim and a scoff from Percy.

"My jokes are ama-zhang!"

Tim sat in the chair by Percy listening to her water-based jokes that seemed to go on forever.

Dick had even joined for breakfast and was debating with himself on if that was really a good idea.

"Why do sharks swim in salt water?"

"Why?" Dick says pretending to be interested.

"Because pepper water makes them sneeze."

Everybody groaned besides Percy but what could they say?

This is the happiest day seen her since Terry went into a coma and nobody wanted to take this away from her.....they just wanted her to stop telling jokes.

"Percy, how have you not ran out of water-based jokes or jokes period?" Bruce asked staring at the ceiling.

"What are you trying to say?" Percy says crossing her arms. "You guys said you loved my jokes."

Dick avoided his mothers gaze by looking at the ceiling and whistling a quiet tune.

"I like them, mommy," Maria says giving a toothy grin.

"At least someone appreciates me," Percy says standing up from the table.

She began wondering the house and without noticing her she ended up in Terry's room.

He's only been in a coma for about a week but to Percy, it felt like an eternity.

"Good morning baby." She said taking his hand in hers. "I hope you wake up soon we miss you. Nobody appreciates my jokes like you did.

She didn't think she could ever hurt as much as she does right now.

Terry was her son and best friend. She taught him almost everything she knows but this time it wasn't enough.

He wanted to wake up and feel his mothers embrace again but he didn't know how. He was trapped in what seemed like eternal darkness with no way out.

He could still hear everything going on around him and it made him sad to hear his mothers sad voice talk to him, Dick reading to him while Maria pokes his face, a voice talking to him that sounded an awful lot like his brother Jason, and his father coming to talk like he could actually respond and not be able to.

"You're going to be okay," Percy says kissing his forehead. "I swear it on the River Styx."

She walked towards the door and looked back one more time before finally walking out.

She was going to put all this anger and frustration to use.

She had already cut Tartarus up for the damage done to Terry but now it was the Joker's turn to feel her wrath.

He murdered her second oldest and he was going to pay the price for messing with her family.