Screams and Bullets

It was Friday night on  fourth of July my mom and my sister keria had went to check the mail ,and as for my dad he out of town on a business trip.

People were annoying as hell on the fourth of July and kept lighting fire works for hours at a time without stopping.

I remember I was watching fresh Prince on tv. I started to sing along to the theam .

"MY MOM GOT SCARED AND SAID ,Ur MoViN WiTh yOuR uNcLe AnD aUNtY IN BeL-AIr"

Man I loved that show ,the show just made you feel good even though there were a lot of heartbreaking moments too.

When wills dad left my heart was shattered and so was my sister's

I was chillin eating my food on the couch when I heard,

*BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM*

I was startled but for the most part annoyed

"Damn, I so sick of those fire works ,like can you stop for a minute"

My annoyed attitude became a worried nightmare when I heard,

"Sanjayyyyy!!!"screamed keria "Sanjayyyyy helppppp momma's bleeding!!"

I burst out the door only to see what I thought was a dream. Keria was in tears ,her eyes were blood shot ,and her nose was runny ."NOOOO MAMA!!".I rushed to her as keria held my dead mother in her  arms....4 bloody holes I'm her stomach ,I couldn't believe what I was seeing but before I snapped out of it it was to late.

"SANJAY BEHIND YOU"

*BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM*

I had ducked not long after the shots were fired ,I heard the crying screams of my sister ,she laid there crying and losing her breath minute by minute. "KIERA!!!!", I sobbed as I crawled over to her, holding her in my arms as she bleed, crying out to God💔

"Sanjay-y I can't-t b--reath"

"SOMEBODY CALL 9-1-1" I screamed into the streets of the neighborhood ,I cried and stared at her l started to remember everything me and my sister did together and then I stared at my loving mother's lifeless body.

"I love you sis don't forget about the good time-" Kiera spoke up until her breaths became non existent

"N-nooo please come back ,you guys can't leave me, please NO!!" I cried over and over again as the ambulance showed up.

"Ma'am please back away from the child" and officer said

"I c-cant she is my-y-y little *snif* *snif* si-ister-r"

I felt a pair of strong arms lift me up ,it was my best friend Deon,he was my age but very tall.
I cried in his arms as he held me ,I couldn't believe anything.

There I was.

LIFELESS.

NUMB.

BROKEN.

My heart shattered as the sound of news reporters and tear's of my family filled my ears.

SORROW?

LOST?

HEARTBREAK?

No this was simply ...

LIFE.

Deon grabbed me and walked me to his house with his sister's so I could stay somewhere for the time being.

It was time to sleep and I woke up crying in the middle of the night,deon didn't waste anytime and was hugging me as I cried

"Deon there gone,Deon they were taken away from me"