Chapter 3 》 Things Are Alright.. Or So I Thought?

We walked back to the camp in silence, his hand in mine still. I nervously looked away. I felt bad for saying this and I also felt slightly crazy but it felt nice. I felt loved and cared about. It seems odd but I've never had a guy seem to care about me so much. I'm sure he just thinks of me as a pet but who knows? If that's so he seems to treat his "pets" well. Better than all my asshole exes.. What am I even saying anymore. I shook my from the thought and seen Max stare at me from the corner of my eye. His expression was that same monotone expression with a slight smirk.

    As I tried to avoid his gaze that slowly began to make me anxious, after a couple minutes I stopped in my tracks. His expression remained monotone but he tilted his head questioningly. I closed my eyes and suddenly let out a massive yawn and covered my mouth. I heard a small chuckle and I look over at him with sleepy eyes. He smirks sofly and picks me up. "H-Hey! Put me dow-" Before I could even finish the sentence he laughs and pats my head. This is when I noticed his gaze softened and I swear I could see a light in his eyes twinkle for a few seconds before returning to monotone. 

    "Ah, there you two are! I thought you may have gotten lost on the way back." Max looked away as the crazy cult leader guy walked up to us. It was then when I began to wonder if this crazy dude is the reason for everyone being the way they are. Max seemed.. Almost sane in that moment but once this man came by he just shifted. Emotions still present from what I could tell. "I see.. Max, put her in the cage and head to purifying bath. You seem to have gotten dirty from your little adventure." Max glared at the man as I watched intensely at the dark aura between him and Max from his arms. I could feel the sweat dripping from my forehead nervously. 

    "No, Daniel. I wan't her to sleep with me tonight unless she misbehaves." Suddenly I decided I prefer some of my old exes instead. At least they didn't think about putting me in a cage. It was terrifying to think about or imagine. Who I assumed to be Daniel huffed. "Alrighty then but remember you need to know disipline with her. Eventually I began to feel an overwhelming amout of drowsiness as I slowly slip to the dark world that is sleep.

                                                                                    ___    

    I wake up to the feeling of the sun shining on my skin and the overwhelming brightness once I open my eyes. As soon as I sit up I am jerked back down. "Wha-" Max opens his eyes and glares angrily. "Stay still and let me cuddle you or your going to the cage.." He adjusts himself slightly in the bed and grabs onto me. Holding me by my waist and under my arm. 

    Just as I start slipping back to sleep, someone barges in. "Max." Someone speaks in a calm but angry tone. I groan as Max does the same. "Yes Preston, what do you need?" The boy so called Preston spoke in the same tone the entire time he interacted with Max. He complained about how something of his went missing which he blamed Max for and Max confirmed that he took it, broke it, then lost it. 

    "It's alright, calm down. I'll offer you something of mine in return. Just tell me what it is you want." As they interacted, I layed down on my stomach and shoved my head under Max's pillow which caused him to chuckle and pet my hair. As I began falling asleep I am startled awake by the boy Preston saying. "The girl. I wan't your pet." Max almost immediately replied with a no. He sounded almost like he was about to kill him. I slowly loosened my grip on the pillows and listened to the conversation.

    "Tch, fine but don't think I'll give up. It's been not even a full day and this girl is changing you and making you go against our saviors plan for how everyone should be that is not a pet. If you really think I'll let you stay happy, you must be absolutely SANE." Preston laughed at his joke as Max slowly got consumed by anger. "Oh and don't let Daniel see you like this. Considering how often you've been acting he'll most likely get rid of your little pet for good. It would be a shame since I would like to have a taste too. Remember, don't be greedy. I'll come for her soon." Preston walked out chuckling.

 A/N - I APOLOGISE IT ISNT THE BEST! It is currently 5:30 AM and I still have yet to sleep. I started rushing it because I totally forgot it was Saturday and I have plans for today.  See you guys next chapter!