Becoming Australian [September 2016]

"We're Back! and today we have a special guest joining us" the twins say. "This is Lauren and she's from Australia" "Hi guys, ew I sounded like such a YouTuber when I said that" I respond. "Lauren moved to LA from Australia nine months ago so she's pretty fresh," Grayson says. "We met at VidCon last month and decided to collab, so yeah that's what we're doing," Ethan says. "That literally explained nothing about what we're doing in this video," I say. Both twins burst out laughing. "Anyway in this video Ethan and I are going to become Australian with Lauren's help," Grayson continues. "We will have three sections," I explain, "First they are going to have to dress like an Australian, then they will have to learn some of the slang and then we are basically just gunna eat Australian food." "Can I just say that in Australia you can call your friend a cunt and nobody cares but like a can't do that here and I'm not used to it," I say "Yup that's it," Ethan says sarcastically, "Let's get started!"

"As an Australian I know what we wear so you guys take a guess." I say. "Well we were just in Australia recently on tour and I know even in winter it's pretty hot still so I think people just wear like shorts I don't know," Ethan says. "Yeah right like people only wear shorts," Grayson responds. "You know what I mean," Ethan says. "Well yes in summer it's basically boardies for guys—," I start. "What the hell are boardies," Grayson interrupts. "Board shorts whatever you call them in America," I continue, "In summer girls literally just wear denim shorts and a bikini top." "That's it!?" Ethan asks. "Yup, that's one of the great things about Australia you can go into literally any store wearing that, everyone does it." I respond. "Oh I know everyone wears flip-flops everywhere in Australia," Grayson says. "Yup except in Australia they are called thongs," I say. Ethan and Grayson burst out laughing. "Okay let's all get changed, but not together, I mean obviously, Lauren has a boyfriend," Ethan stammers causing me and Grayson to burst out laughing again. I go and change into a pair of denim shorts and a blue bikini top. I slip on a baggy shirt overtop and walk back over to the camera. "Okay now we look Australian," Ethan says. "I can't believe either of you aren't wearing shirts your AC is on so high I'm fucking freezing... oh wait can I curse in this?" I say "It's fine we'll bleep it out, but your right I'm freezing too." Grayson says. The twins run off to put on shirts quickly. "Okay next segment," Ethan says as he sits back down.

"Lauren is going to test us on what we know of Australian slang," Ethan explains. "Ok I'm just going to put this out there, I feel like Americans actually pronounce Australia better than Australians do, because like you guys say like Aus-stra-li-a whereas Australians say it like Us-stral-ya," I say. "Wait your actually right," Grayson says "You do say Australia like Us-stral-ya."
"Anyways back onto the video," Ethan says sarcastically. "Oh yeah sorry," I roll my eyes. "What is an 'esky'?" I ask. "A what?" Ethan asks confused. "An esky," I repeat. "Esky, what, like I don't know that's such a weird word," Grayson says. "Okay...fuck it imma say it's a like candy or sum shit," Ethan says. "You're completely wrong and in Australia it's lollie not candy," I respond. "Dang it," Ethan mutters. "I'm going to say an 'esky' is like a swimming pool I have no idea," Grayson says. "Wrong also, an 'esky' is is basically a cooler," I tell the twins. We do a few more words like 'maccas', 'g'day mate' and 'sheila' before moving on.

"Here are a selection of Australian foods," I say gesturing to the table in front of us. "Now we are going to try them," Grayson says. "Lauren what is your favourite?" Ethan asks "Oooh that's a tough one," I respond, "But it's gotta be between Timtams and a wagon wheel, oh my gosh we should do the Timtam slam," I say. "I have no idea what that is but sure," Grayson says. "It's basically where you bite off either end of a Timtam like so and use it as a straw for milk," I explain. We do the Timtam slam together and both the twins like it. We try a number of other foods before we come to the finale, vegemite. "Ew ew ew it looks disgusting," Ethan complains. "It smells disgusting too," Grayson adds. "You actually eat this stuff?" He asks. "Yup, on toast with butter, not straight out of the container like all you idiots do it," I respond. "Okay on three," I command as we all lean to take a bite out of our toast. "3,2,1 and bite," Grayson says. Ethan almost immediately spits his food out of his mouth, causing Grayson and I to fall to the floor laughing. Eventually we sit back down to film the outro and I'm still eating my vegemite toast. "Even watching you eat that makes me want to vomit," Ethan says.

Finally after multiple fails we film the outro and I say goodbye to the twins, but we promise to catch up again soon. I call Liam, "Babe we just wrapped filming I'm gunna head back to mine, come over and we'll get some pizza."

———————————————————————
That was a pretty long chapter to write but I hope you enjoyed:) Imagine the twins bickering and laughing during the filming process it makes it much better. For those curious this is what the slang terms mean:

maccas is what Australians call McDonalds
g'day mate is just hello
sheila means a girl or woman
Timtams are really good chocolate flavoured and coated biscuits (highly recommend)
Wagon wheels are chocolate cover biscuits with marshmallows (also highly recommend)