It's scary

You know what's scary about depression?

Anyone could have it and you wouldn't even know. They hide behind jokes, laughter, and smiles. That's why when they end up hurting themselves it shocks most people. You think they're happy , without a care in the world,  but obviously something was hurting them.

That's why it's so scary. People ask why they hide it, and I'll tell you why. Depression is treated like a disease, something to hide, or throw under the rug. Nobody wants people to know that they battle depression because everyone is so judgemental. That's something we're all cursed with...judging.

So we hide the depression and battle it late at night when and where no one can judge.  Depression is scary beyond belief. It's unbelievable how suffocating it is. It's like being in an abusive relationship, it tells you what to do , when to do it , and if you don't it hurts you. But depression is sneaky, because it uses you and life as a weapon against yourself.

Depression really is like drowning. It's horrible experience, but what's really scary is you can't stop it. Yeah you could take medication but that just keeps it at bay. There's no true cure for depression. Depression can happen over and over again. 

It's like being on roll coaster and not being allowed off. Depression doesn't like to see you happy. So what does it do to stop you? Everything it can possibly do. It's like a snake watching it's prey, it lies in wait until you think you've beaten it and it pounces. 

It pulls you into the depths of depression again. This is why it's scary.