chapter 22

a few minutes earlier, in the bathroom

third person POV

taehyung entered the bathroom jungkook walked into just seconds before him.

the younger was stressed, very stressed.

"jungkook?" taehyung asked after the door behind him closed.

jungkooks eyes were wide open when he heard who the voice was coming from.

no no no what is he doing here why did he follow me fuck, he thought, feeling completely helpless and not ready to face taehyung.

"uh... no?" jungkook answered very quietly, mentally slapping himself for even letting out a word.

do you really think answering no when somebody calls your name is going to make them think you're not there? i'm sorry baby, but no.

the younger sighed.

"... third door" he added real quick after realizing what he had just said.

taehyung walked in front of the third door, as jungkook had said, and put his hand on the doorknob.

"can i come in or should i wait here?" he asked, making sure the younger was fine if he came in.

"no come in" jungkook answered and sat down on the closed toilet seat.

this was ridiculous. 

jungkook, the guy who usually seemed intimidating because of his broad body and never shy, was actually hiding behind a toilet door because he couldn't face the boy he was starting to catch feelings for.

taehyung opened the door and looked at the boy.

"are you okay?" he laughed, trying to relax the younger a little.

what happened to 'oh so dominant and never soft' jungkook?  taehyung thought to himself.

Not gonna lie, jungkook's behavior right now might not correspond with his usual one, not at all to be exact, but for some reason, taehyung found it extremely adorable because he knew the other wasn't able to control it one bit.

"uh yeah? sure, i'm fine, wh-why are you asking?" jungkook stated, trying his best to sound credible.

he failed.

"look, there is no reason for you to be nervous, okay? I... I've talked to yoongi or- let's say yoongi talked to me. I thought he had told you, that's why we were teasing you a little" taehyung said, softly placing his finger on jungkook's chin and lifting his head up to make the other look at him.

"told me what?" jungkook asked with a confused look on his face, his nervousness leaving more and more by every second taehyung spend with him.

crazy, isn't it? how much another person's presence can both stress you out and relax you, depending on the situation.

taehyung froze. 

come on, don't tell me yoongi didn't talk to him about it and i just betrayed myself...

"told me what, taehyung" jungkook repeated, his voice now deeper and stronger. he stood up from the toilet seat and looked at taehyung, now from the same eye level. you could almost say a slight smirk was forming on his lips.

it was just as if his whole nervousness had vanished, now that he knew what was going on.

and now, taehyung was the nervous one.

to be honest, was he even nervous? not really. he just knew he didn't have jungkook under his control anymore, if that was even ever the case.
at least for a few minutes, it felt like that.

fuck it, taehyung thought.
"well, that, you know, that uhm, that you're a pretty cool guy" he confessed, his hand scratching the back of his head.

and voila, there it was. jungkook's smirk, now completely in action.

"a pretty cool guy hm?" the younger repeated quietly, smiling at taehyung. "is that a new way of telling somebody you're crushing on them?"

"c-crushing? w-who talked about c-crushing?" the other stuttered and turned slightly red.

jungkook grabbed taehyung's hand to make him look at him and raised one eyebrow, therefore giving him the 'stop lying to my face i know that's what you meant' look.

taehyung sighed, "fine, whatever, yes maybe we are talking about crushing. i just... wouldn't have imagined i would be confessing my feelings to you in a bathroom stall" he said looking around, a tiny laugh finally escaping his mouth too.

"what, you don't find it romantic?" jungkook ironically asked, coming closer and almost touching the older's lips.

"hm, not bad for a start but i'm sure we can work a little on the location, don't you think?" taehyung laughed, blushing a little.

"god, you're adorable" jungkook whispered with a big smile on his lips and finally closed the gap between them.

and i guess you can imagine how hard it must be to stop making out if you're lucky enough to be doing it with a kim taehyung (don't we all), but, as sad as it was, it was time to go back to jimin and yoongi.

They would probably be thinking they're doing other stuff in there because of how long these two had been missing for.

And as 'romantic' as this toilet stall was, maybe they shouldn't go that far in there... i guess.

So they both exited the bathroom, one after another -hair a little messy but who even cared at that moment- and went back to their seats.

"We're back. Did we... interrupt something?" taehyung smirked while sitting down together with jungkook, both looking at yoongi and at jimin's hand.

"Oh no, everything's fine here" jimin answered with his big smile and removed his hand from yoongi's lap.

Even though Jungkook wondered what was going on between these two again, he decided to ask yoongi when they'd be alone. He had to talk to him about a lot anyway, regarding what had happened just now.