Chapter 7

Fan Fiction - Picture Perfect Chapter Seven

PREVIOUSLY:

Zayn stopped the car and Tash stepped out. I gave her a hug and told her we'll talk soon. I watched her walk across the yard and then slid back in the car. For a moment it felt like we hadn't moved, and I was right. Zayn pulled the brake up and sat there.

_____________________________________________________________

"I'm not moving until we sort this through," he broke out.

"I'll just walk then," I said gathering my stuff about to open the door.

"No!" Zayn shouted leaning over me holding the door in.

I took a deep breath and grinded my teeth.

"Listen, just listen to what I have to say," he started still holding the door.

"How about you listen to me for a change? I don't need nor want your help. I just want to be independent. I see that you're trying to be nice and all, but I really don't get it. Some bad things happen but I need to get over it. How do you expect me to move on if you're spoon feeding me?" I said looking in his eyes for the first time in the 40 minutes we'd been in the car. I walked out and started walking. This time Zayn got the message and sped off to let me walk by myself.

I caught the train back and napped on the ride home. The power nap let me sink into a world of dreams. I just relaxed. My first moment here, to myself and just myself. I felt the train come to a stop and was a woken by the driver speaking over the PA system. I stepped off and began walking down the road and I was at my door only a few minutes after. I heard someone running down the stairs above. Moments later, Louis was running towards me about to tackle me.

"Ah. Hey. How are you?" he said panting.

"Uhm. Good. Yourself?" I said with a confused tone.

"Great actually," Louis said leaning on the wall with his hand on his hip, "well, I'd better get going then."

That had to be the most awkward conversation I'd ever had. It felt almost scripted. I didn't think much of it and walked in to my apartment. I hung my satchel behind the door and plugged my laptop in to charge. I took a shower and made my way to the kitchen to make myself some dinner. I looked at the bags of groceries I got. I started cooking some rice and boiling some frozen mixed vegetables. I threw in some onion and garlic paste. I turned the whole thing into one pot and made myself some fried rice. I also made a lot. It could last all week with the portions I usually eat. I decided I should share it and no better than with Niall. I grabbed my phone and searched his name. I phoned him.

'Hey Niall, it's Marielle.'

'AYE. Hi. What's up?'

'Uhh... I made dinner and thought you might want to join me. Just some fried rice.'

'Oh. I, I, I already had dinner. You know me, I like my food.'

'Ok. Yeah, I guess.'

'Zayn hasn't eaten yet. I'm sure he'd want some.'

'Yeah. Alright. Bye.'

'Bye babe.'

I hung up. I knew exactly why Louis came to say 'hi' and why Niall turned down dinner at five in the afternoon. They were in on helping Zayn out. Zayn wanted to check if I was okay after walking home so he sent Louis down and Niall tried to give an excuse for me to chat to Zayn. I felt horrible. But Zayn still didn't get it, did he? I just want to be left alone.

I ignored the signs and sat by my lonely self eating my rice. I almost forgot to phone Tash when I was burying myself into the couch to watch a movie. I didn't even hear it ring once and Tash had already picked up.