Chapter 25

‘’Anna! Anna!’’ I heard, and I turned around. The sky was clear blue and it was such a beautiful day, all I wanted to do was play outside with my sister. We’d always play outside in the backyard, but today we had decided to go in the front yard just in case there were children who wanted to join. It wasn’t my idea, but I had no sense that made me feel alarmed, plus father was going to be out as well. ‘’Anna!’’

We were waiting for father and decided picking flowers would be pleasing. I void to find the perfect flower that I could brag about, even as it didn’t matter, this was just for fun. ‘’Anna!’’

I stood up straight from my kneeling position and glanced towards Bella who was calling my with a bright smile on her face. She was always better than me, but I loved her from the bottom of my heart. I wasn’t the nicest and the only person I entirely and truly cared about was her. She was an exact replica, and I loved seeing her everyday. All the moments we shared, she was my everything.

As I saw the beautiful red rose Bella had picked, I smiled. it was gorgeous and I nodded my head. ‘’You win.’’

‘’No Anna, be mad at me.’’ She murmured, and her smile falling away with the small breeze that passed over our shoulders. I didn’t understand what she meant by that, and I responded by shaking my head. Her look sadden and she tried handing over the rose.

‘’I could never be mad at you.’’ I pushed her hand back towards her. ‘’It’s beautiful; you found it first and you deserve it.’’

‘’You need to be mad. I’m better than you at everything. I always win first. Be angry.’’ She threw the flower at my face, but I had time to reach for it and catch it. I looked down at the dying flower in my hand and back at Bella. Her face seemed to be maturing every time she blinked. ‘’Yell at me.’’

‘’I’m sorry, I can’t.’’

She sighed. I sighed as well mimicking her. Then I saw her face light up and she started running. From previous games, I started chasing her and we giggled together, laughing at the same rhythm. At that time I was wondering if Dad would ever show up, and now that I think of it, I should’ve went back home to ask where he was. She kept on running until she reached the end of the sidewalk.

‘’Bella careful. That’s the road.’’

She didn’t turn back to even glimpse at me. She only nodded. ‘’I know.’’

‘’Dad said not to go on the road.’’

‘’Anna, I don’t want to live in this world anymore. I don’t like it, I don’t belong.’’ She whispered, as soft as the breeze that tickled against my neck but I still heard her very well. I approached her a little but still kept my distance.

‘’Where do you want to go?’’

‘’In the other world.’’ She turned back now,  but was still on the edge. That’s when I noticed the large car coming. ‘’Where grandma went.’’

‘’Can I come too?’’

‘’No, you come later. You’ll join me later. But you can’t forget me.” She smiled. “Dad and Mom will convince you I never existed, but when the time comes for you to join me, I’ll be waiting.”

I shook my head. “What do I tell Dad?” She looked as if she was in a hurry, and I realised that the car was coming closer.

“Tell them that we were fighting and you pushed me. They’ll be mad, but I won’t. You’re going to be the only one who knows the truth, they might not understand, but what matters is that you do. Like princesses.”