13 | just keep it a secret

"Come on! We have to go!" Jingfei tells Renjun.

"I don't feel like going today. Just tell them I got sick or something," Renjun says. He was sitting down at his desk.

"I don't understand you? You were the one who made us get a job," Jingfei said with a smile on her face.

"I know. I just want to continue studying. I might go down later," Renjun says as he grabs his notebook.

"Fine. See you later," Jingfei says. She walks away from him and leaves their apartment.

"I have to continue my research on this. Now I just cough up white roses. Not a single bit of the other flowers," Renjun says to himself. He opens the book and goes to the page of white roses again.

White Roses: Purity, Innocence, Sympathy and Spirituality.

"How does that connect back to me though? It's the same thing with the orchids," Renjun says.

He keeps thinking and tries to make up a reason of him throwing up and coughing up white roses.

Until something pops up in his head.

"Innocence? Because both Jingfei and I have never been in a relationship so we are fairly innocent to being in a relationship. Right? Now what do to with the rest of the meanings," Renjun said.

He continued to search for answers but nothing would help him. It was all the same thing.

🥀

"Hey Hyunwoo," Jingfei says as she enters the restaurant. Hyunwoo looks up to Jingfei alone.

"Where's Renjun?" Hyunwoo asks.

"He um... he's not feeling well right now. He said he'd come by later when he feels better," Jingfei says as she puts her stuff away and gets ready to start working.

"So. It's just gonna be us two?" Hyunwoo says. He steps closer to Jingfei. She can sense him getting closer.

"Yea. I guess so. Until Renjun comes by later," Jingfei laughs.

"Why do you always have to mention him," Hyunwoo says as he rolls his eyes.

"Because I love him," Jingfei thought.

"Because he's my best friend," Jingfei says.

"Well. Yea. He's your best friend but I should be your number one priority... I will be your boyfriend one day," Hyunwoo says. He mumbles the last part.

"Why should you be my number one prioriy? I've known Renjun longer than you have," Jingfei says with a sassy tone.

"Well you should get to know me better than," Hyunwoo smiled at her. Jingfei only rolled her eyes at him.

"Yea but I don't want to," Jingfei says.

"Come on. Don't get cocky with me," Hyunwoo says. Jingfei only looked at him in the face and walked away to continue working.

During the whole time Jingfei and Hyunwoo were working together, he would keep trying to tell Jingfei to go on a date with him. She would keep refusing.

Suddenly the door opens. Renjun had entered.

"Injunie!" Jingfei yells. She runs towards him and gives him a hug. Like always Renjun stumbles back.

"Hey Jingfei," Renjun smiles at her. Hyunwoo looks at them and rolls his eyes. He gives Renjun a look but he clearly didn't notice.

They continued to work until their shift was over. Nothing really happened just the three of them doing their jobs.

"I'm gonna head to the bathroom and then we can go back to the apartment," Renjun says. Jingfei nods her head.

"Come on. Just one date won't kill you," Hyunwoo says as soon as Renjun enters the bathroom.

"Why do you want to go on a date with me so bad," Jingfei asks. His face gets closer and closer to hers. Jingfei would keep backing up.

"To get to know you better. Now come on," Hyunwoo says. He leaned in closer to her face. Till their faces were inches apart.

"Fine!" Jingfei said as she pushed him away.

"Great. Tomorrow at 7. Meet me at the park near here," Hyunwoo says.

"Alright. I'll go tell Renjun abo-," Jingfei said until she was cut off.

"No. You don't need to tell him. I get he's your best friend but just don't tell him about this just this once," Hyunwoo said. Jingfei slowly nodded her head.

Jingfei walks away from him. He just looks at her with a smile on her face. Renjun finally got out the bathroom. He saw Jingfei getting her stuff and Hyunwoo staring at her with a grin on his face.

Renjun walks toward Jingfei. He noticed Hyunwoo give him a look. Renjun shot back a look at him.

"Alright. Let's go," Renjun says. They both wave at Hyunwoo and leave.

Renjun start to cough a bit but it wasn't too bad to scare Jingfei.

He coughed into his mouth. He could feel a flower going up his throat. He coughed on last time and finally the rose was in his hand. He hid it from Jingfei.

He looked down at his hand. It wasn't a white rose anymore.

It was a red rose.

I kinda don't like this chapter but I mean it goes with the plot that I have in mind.

I hope you liked it!

Vote, Comment and Enjoy!