fights, forgiveness and fun

*forgive my pathetic attempt at describing fights*

Ace had led us to a set of stairs that led toward what I presumed was the basement. There were a bunch of men and even some women on the upper floor who were chatting loudly and ordering a variety of drinks that I didn't recognize. 

I remained silent with awe as I followed Ace, who approached an open-style room that had a boxing ring in the middle of it. There were multiple tables that were set up for betting and other deals such as drugs. Right out in the open. Great.

Ace went down a secret hallway at the back of the room that led to a series of doors. She opened the second one on her right and walked in. I followed her and closed the door behind me.

The room resembled a dressing room without the clothes. There was a large mirror that had lights around its edge on my right and there was a grey couch by the wall in front of the door. There was also a black mini fridge beside the couch which, based on its glass front, was full.

"May I ask where the hell we are? I know you said the Underground moved since I last came and saw you but damn girl, they really leveled up." I lazily sat myself on the couch and placed my feet up to rest.

"They got money so, they upgraded. Besides, the other place was way too crowded. Ben actually had the nerve to close the old place before opening the new one. I had to train in Rain's basement for two weeks." Ace shook her head in dismay as she rubbed some sort of ointment on her wrist.

"Rain? I haven't heard that name in awhile." I quirked my eyebrow at her.

Ben Pierce is the fifty something man who owns the Underground property and basically helps run everything. His eighteen-year-old son and Ace's off and on fling is Rain Pierce. The last time I heard Rain's name was when Ace was telling him to die in a hole and burn in hell at the start of the summer.

"Don't think I'm doing anything with him. I had no where else to go for training especially for shit like this. If I stopped in the middle, I wouldn't be able to compete now." Ace shot down any ideas I had brewing about them immediately which, in itself, caused me to be more suspicious.

"You're telling me, in the two weeks you were training in his basement, under his roof, you did nothing? He didn't even come spot you or you know, the whole, babe, you're doing it wrong?" I teased her, becoming amused at her rosy cheeks.

"He didn't do jack shit cause I didn't let him." She turned toward the mirror, ignoring my smirk and wiggling eyebrows.

Before I could tease her any further, the loud knock erupted from the door. Ace got up to open the door and without looking at who it was, she sat back down and started to fix her protection for her wrists. Ben walked into the room with a clipboard in his hand and his dainty glasses on the tip of his nose.

As he scanned the room, his face morphed into a big grin when he spotted me on the couch.

"Well, well, well. Look who the wind blew in." He placed the clipboard on the vanity before opening his arms, motioning for a hug.

I got up from the couch and gave into Ben's fatherly hug. "Nice to see you too, Ben."

"You really need to start coming over here. Ace has improved so much over the past months." He made his way over to Ace and patted her on the head which made her groan.

I laughed at Ace and said, "I'm excited to see what she's got."

"When are you coming back to training, dear? The last time you came it was snowing." Ben's eyes stared at me, accusingly.

"I think she'd rather not die again. She complained for almost a month last time because of her pain and wouldn't let me drag her back again." Ace said.