3. Care

Kenny carried Levi to his own house. He put him on the bed and looked at his wound. It was deep and still bleeding...
"I should call a doctor!"
He went out of the house and ran to the doctor's office. Then he came back to the house with the doctor.
Doctor examined the wound and said: he has lost too much blood. I'll do my best to save him but it's a bit dangerous to take the bullet out. The bleeding can get intense...
Kenny said worriedly: Oi, just do what you can! I don't care what you say JUST SAVE HIM!
Doctor started his work...
After almost one hour, he could take the bullet out and dress the wound by bandage. Then said to Kenny: he'll be alright. Don't worry anymore.
Then he went out. Kenny went to Levi and kneeled next to the bed. Looked at him and stroked his hair...
"How can I kill my only nephew? I was just playing with you. But I think I went too far..." Kenny said softly.
He touched Levi's forehead. It was a bit hot. His face was full of sweat. It was obvious that he was still in pain.
"What did I do to you, Levi?... you are my sister's son. I was careless to take care of you, though, you've grown up and don't need me anymore. But all I did was hurting you..." Kenny said. He was regretful, he was sad...