Prologue

You opened the door to your apartment and called out a 'hello!'.

Silence welcomed you back, and you sighed. He's probably gone shopping...

Suddenly, a flash of green filled your sight and you were engulfed in a hug. "Welcome home, (Y/N)!"

You squealed in surprise before relaxing as you realised he was simply welcoming you back. "Hey, Baldi. You scared me." You chuckled and awkwardly pulled away. Ever since he'd began living with you, he'd still been intensely in love with you and you didn't know how to react. After all, he was a criminal. Who knew when he'd snap?

Baldi grabbed your hand and dragged you into the living room. It was spotless.

"I did some cleaning while you were working hard!" He declared and sat himself firmly on the grey couch.

You took a deep breath. You still hadn't accustomed to the strange environment of Baldi. He was at least 35, who knew, and was terrifyingly close to you. Needless to say, you were far too young to be in a relationship with him. The thought of spending your life with him was almost impossible, but you were too kind (and scared) to throw him into the streets.

You think about his past. He was accused of murder, rape and kidnapping however he was never jailed for any of these. The most punishment Baldi has gone through was strong therapy and a very bad reputation. This made you quite angry, but you somewhat enjoyed his company. He was the only person to talk to that was near. Everyone else had moved away and even if you did slightly despise him, you held a lot of empathy for him.

A timid knock sounded at the door. You glanced up and turned to answer, however Baldi was two steps ahead. 

He flung the door open, startling a group of teenagers no older than you. "Hello, sir! We're looking for (Y/F/N)!"

He scowled at them. You walked up beside him and smacked him across the arm, hissing. "Be nice!"

"What do you need me for?" The one nearest to the front was a young boy with brown hair and soft brown eyes. He made quick eye contact before speaking.

"We've been informed by the council that you are required to join a college pretty soon, so we wanted to recommend Oxtire College. It is one of the very best, and we overheard you are quite intelligent!" He thrust a leaflet towards your face and you awkwardly took it from his hands.

"Sure... I'll think about it." You mumbled and they smiled before vanishing down the street.

You closed the door and Baldi snatched the leaflet from your hands.

"You're seriously not debating this, are you? They seemed very sketchy." He threw it in the bin and snorted.

You scoffed in response. "And you're not?" 

After a moment of silence, he realised you were serious and went upstairs in a huff. You sighed and rolled your eyes, picking the leaflet from the bin.

I could use some away time from Baldi... he's been getting on my nerves lately. It's like looking after a  manchild!