Chapter One

The alarm clock sounded, ringing so closely to my ear as I moved past the struggle, resting my hand over the snooze button, before placing my hand back to my side groaning. First day of school, nothing huge, nothing major, just school.

Stop lying to yourself you idiot.

I was terrified out of my mind, not only had I hated my life during all my years in high school, but the past haunting me wasn’t helping.

‘’Demi, honey wake up! You’re going to be late for school.’’ Mom called.

Fine with me, honestly. Who was I kidding, no matter how much I argued, how much I protested my ass was going to be dragged to that school.

Even if I dug my nails deep into the walls. I was going.

I roll out of my comfy and warm bed, once again groaning and moaning about leaving it. I took a deep look at myself in the mirror, pained by what I saw, I had this image in my head of who, or what I wanted to me. I was far from that person.

I brushed through my tangled and tousled hair, running the straighteners through as I went along, catching my thumb a few times as a cursed under my breath each time. But boys really had no idea the pain it caused.

‘’Dem, do you want a ride to school rather than catching the bus? I’m taking Maddie if that counts.’’

I turned around to see Dallas holding the door knob, her head peaking around the door before she fully pushed through and entered my room.

‘’I guess, sure.’’

I sighed, looking down at the brush held in my hands, feeling the memories trying to flood their way back into my mind once again.

‘’Demi, it will be fine. Stop worrying so much.’’

Easy for her to say. She was lucky enough to be old enough to miss the horror of high school, yet when she was there she was fine, a few troubles now and then but nothing. Not even close to what I had gone through. I wish she knew, but then again I didn’t want her sympathy again.

‘’It’s a fresh start. New school, new people. Just try not to think about it too much sis.’’

‘’I guess you’re right.’’ Liar. I small part agreed with me, but the other 96% of me disagreed, hugely.

‘’I’ll be downstairs, let me know when you’re ready.’’

‘’Okay, thanks Dal.’’

‘’No worries Dem.’’

She smiles before shutting the door behind her. Alone again. Me and my thoughts…All…Over…Again.

As I finally ‘perfected’ the last few strands of my hair, running my hands along my hips to pat out any crinkles or edges. Had to be perfect, nothing but perfect.

I grabbed my bag, swinging it over my shoulder before huffing and puffing before shutting the door behind me, running down the stairs to be met by my whole family.

‘’Have you eaten yet?’’

‘’Not hungry Mom. Thanks for the offer though.’’

Another Lie. I was slightly hungry, but my mind was telling me if I was to digest anything, my nerves and anxiety of today would just bring it all back up, covering me in something I didn’t want to be covered in.

Also eating wasn’t my favourite thing right now. It never was for a while. Every time food was set right in front of me I winced at it, feeling my stomach turn and some sort of reflex hit me. A few bites in and I was full, another bite and I would probably feel too fat. I already was to myself. Fat.