Chapter Twelve

I squint softly as the sun beams through the small crack in the curtains, awaking me from a nightmare I had relived so many nights over. Shuffling in the sheets, I look around as I bring myself round, wiping the sleep from my eyes.

Looking back over the past few weeks, how things changed so drastically right before my eyes. I packed my locker, waving goodbye to the people who actually were there, who were my friends. Then came along Sonny, my life was being taken over by work, whether it be with the new album or acting, it was taking over me.

I found it difficult to pay attention to whatever my Mom or teacher tried to teach me, I just didn’t want to listen, or I did and I just couldn’t. School was never my favourite thing to do.

Things with Joe, they were okay, I guess. After we spent the night having sex, while I felt so self-conscious, it just seemed as if we were drifting, as if we were letting work get on top of us, before everything was to fall and break. Then I met Wilmer, he was funny and sweet, as well as attractive, so when he was giving me attention I took it and it felt great to have it back. But we’re just friends, right?

I hear vibrations from under my pillow, pulling at my phone before looking on at the caller ID, Noah. After he was there at my breaking point I couldn’t help but want him in my life more, so he was my study partner, as well as my tutor when it came to it. His smirk gave me a reason to smile, or even to laugh when I felt like just crying.

‘’Hey you.’’

‘’Morning Noah.’’

‘’You just woke up didn’t you?’’

‘’Uh no...Maybe…Shut up.’’

His laugh sent goosebumps running down my arms, it was soft yet incredibly affective, it would bring an instant smile to my face.

‘’I knew it. So about later on today, I have to help my dad with a few things, I don’t think it will get in the way but just in case it does, I may be a little late.’’

‘’It’s fine Noah, just come around when you can.’’

‘’Well I shall let you get back to your beauty sleep.’’

‘’No, I’m up now! I’ll see you in a little while, okay?’’

‘’You got it. See you soon ice tea girl.’’

‘’Bye coffee shop boy.’’

There it was again, that soft toned laugh vibrating on the other end of the line, just before the phone disconnects.

I flip the duvet over with my legs, sighing as I did before shifting my legs over the side, out stretching my arms out while looking over at the time, reading; 11:56, Lazy. I tie my hair up into a high ponytail, walking into the bathroom, switching the shower on before looking on at myself in the mirror.

Looking at myself from a few weeks ago, there is a difference. I am no longer wearing bags under my eyes, or a frown on my face, looking as pale as possible. I can give a small grin as I scan over myself, the bags are disappearing and colour has replenished in my face.

Still, I find flaws, looking on at my curves and edges, then at my stomach. What I saw was what people may not, but my eyes told the truth, others saw what they would see as a compliment.

You looking amazing.

Don’t doubt yourself, you look great. Perfect.

Perfect. That is all I ever wanted to be. Perfect. I saw flaws, cracks and a stomach that I hated, even if I wish I didn’t, I did. I look back at the shower, removing my clothes before feeling the hot water sprinkle over my body, streaming down my wrists, falling upon my scars.