Adoption Day

I walked out of school, to my house, to my room, and plopped on my bed.
I was dead inside and out.
I was about to close my eyes and drift off into a little world of mine I like to call 'La La Land'.
Until I was rudely interrupted by my bestfriend/roommate Rosé.

"Hey! Guess what!"
She said jumping on bed and throwing her bag down on the floor.

"Huhh do I have to?"
I said tiredly and annoyed.

"Ugh, whatever, anyways. My aunt, Jess, said that there's a sail at this animal adoption place. And I thought 'why not'".

I sat up lazily to look at her.
"Where are you going with this?"

"We should go and adopt pets!!"
She said shaking me back and forth while smiling.

"What if I don't want one? I don't really have the time for a dog or cat."
I said taking her hands off of my shoulders.

"It doesn't have to be a cat or dog. Maybe get a farrot, lizard or maybe a rabbit!"

"How about I get a balloon and make it into a sword and chase you around with it"

She looked at me and stared me down.
"How about you make that sword into a heart and give it to me"

"Ha ha ha I wouldn't do even if it was your birthday"

"Wow. Rude."
She walked out of my room and closed my door.

I thought about the whole pet thing.
I don't know.

I guess I'll try.

The next day me and Rosé went to the adoption place her aunt told us about and looked around for a pet for each of us.
Rosé had found a puppy that was half huskey and half pitbull.
I still couldn't decide what I should get, until a little adorable fury creature caught my eye.

It was a bunny.
The moment I stopped infront of it and went closer to the class to look at it, it did the same and started to hop around in circles.
I giggled at its cuteness and asked if it was also for sale.

The lady gave it to me and me and rosé went to pay for the and get the necessities and headed home.

"Awwww look at him, he's so cute"
She cooed as her little puppy was running around sniffing, chasing his tail and barking.

I sat my bunny down on the couch and places his cage and stuff in a corner in our living room by our window.

As I was doing so, I felt something hitting my leg. And looked down and my eyes widened at what I was seeing.

"HE'S HUMPING MY LEGG!!"
I screamed and he fell back, rosé came into the living room and looked at me while laughing.

"Why are you laughing?!"

" because, he's a bunny. Bunnies do that sometimes, you should know this"
She still laughing while walking away into the kitchen.

I looked down at my bunny and Pointed my finger at him.

"Do. Not. Hump. My. Leg. Ever. EVER"
He twitched his nose and then hopped over to his cage.
I opened it for him and went in happily and started playing.