Chapter 4

The next morning, Eunhyuk headed into the bathroom and noticed that even though Donghae was still in the bathtub, his tail was gone, and his two legs had replaced it. “Donghae,” Eunhyuk said as he shook the brunette awake. The merman turned and faced the blonde. “What happened to your tail? You’re in water but it’s gone.”

          “Oh no, it must be another full moon,” Donghae muttered.

          “What are you talking about?” Eunhyuk asked.

          “When the moon is full, I have legs for twenty four hours regardless of if I’m in water or not. When the twenty four hours is up, I have to be back in water,” Donghae explained.

          “How long have you been able to do this?” Eunhyuk wondered.

          “For as long as I can remember, my owner would always keep he locked in his room for that twenty four hours, which I don’t know why since I can barely use these things,” Donghae added as he touched his legs.

          “C’mon, we can work on your walking a little more,” Eunhyuk offered as he helped Donghae stand up.

          “Okay,” Donghae agreed as he stumbled out of the bathtub.     Eunhyuk handed Donghae some clothes and helped him slide on some boxers and a t-shirt. He placed Donghae’s feet atop his again and helped him walk into the kitchen slowly. “You’re getting a lot better at moving your legs,” Eunhyuk complimented as Donghae sat down.

          “Thank you, they do feel like they’re getting a little stronger,” Donghae replied.

          As Donghae and Eunhyuk ate breakfast, Eunhyuk heard his phone ring. “Hello?” he asked.

          “Eunhyuk, it’s Siwon,” his editor responded.

          “Oh hey, what’s up?” Eunhyuk asked.

          “Listen, I thought today you could come in so we could talk about your latest book sales, and discuss the possibility of a new book idea,” Siwon suggested.

          “Yeah, okay that sounds good,” Eunhyuk agreed.

          “Great, I’ll see you in two hours,” Siwon stated before hanging up.

          As Eunhyuk hung up, Donghae asked “Who was that?”

          “My editor, he wants me to come to his office in a couple of hours and discuss some business with him,” Eunhyuk informed.

          “Oh okay,” Donghae replied as he continued to eat.

          “Hey, do you wanna come with me?” Eunhyuk offered as he looked at Donghae.

          The merman looked back at his friend. “Really, you want me to go out with you, in public?” Donghae wondered.

          “Yeah, it’ll be good practice for you, but we need to make sure you wear warm clothes, it’s gonna be really cold today,” Eunhyuk responded.

          “What if I fall in front of everyone? You know I can’t walk by myself yet,” Donghae reminded.

          “Don’t worry, everything will be okay, I’ll help you,” Eunhyuk promised. Donghae smiled at him as they continued to eat. After breakfast, Eunhyuk helped Donghae walk over to the couch before heading to his bedroom. “I’ve got something new I want you to try today.” The blonde pulled out a pair of black shoes and showed them to Donghae. “Do you know what these are called?”