chapter four: desire

When the Goddess awoke, she wept.

Crying at the destruction of her children and the world they stained.

Finally, her tears ceased as she observed Man, learning of their true nature.

---

As soon as the sun rises, Jisoo's out of bed and getting ready, throwing on her uniform, tying her hair back and then storming out the door. Her feet carry her at full speed and she arrives at the castle, rushing through, earning glances here and there. It's only when she's at the dining room does she finally stop for a breather.

Jisoo's hands search the fruit basket, picking the reddest apples among the pack. With a grin she spins on the balls of her feet, turning, only to hit her head on some hard plated armor. She scowls, ready to yell at whoever it was, but stops at the face of her good friend.

"Lisa, you shouldn't stand directly behind me like that," Jisoo scolds, rubbing her fingers along the sore spot; good thing her fringe concealed the growing redness. "Especially this close," she notes, taking a step to the side but the younger woman merely laughs.

"Or maybe you should look where you're going?" Lisa teases, though it wasn't exactly the best thing to do, considering who the victim was. She eyes the two pieces of fruit within Jisoo's palm, wondering why she's getting twice more than usual, despite it being Jisoo's favorite fruit.

"You're going to eat two apples? Isn't one enough for you?"

Unconsciously, Jisoo glances at her full palm and a smirk unfolds on her lips.

"No, one's for someone else."

"Ohhhhhh," Lisa coos and Jisoo knows it's the sound of wanting to know more. The next question comes as no surprise. "Who's it for?"

For as long as Lisa's known the elder, Jisoo was one to take very good care of herself, as well as those close to her. But despite being having such a calm and relaxed personality, Jisoo wasn't one to go out making friends. She was someone careful.

Jisoo rolled her eyes and shrugged, "My special assignment given by Changmin."

"Which is?" Lisa urged on.

"To watch over a special prisoner," she grins.

But it's different.

And Lisa narrows her eyes as Jisoo begins to walk away, thinking she's said more than enough to the young paladin and wanting to escape before more questioning.

"Wait! So are you giving that apple because you have to or because you want to?"

Jisoo turns and runs off, leaving Lisa with an answer that doesn't help much.

"Figure it out!"

Though, it does raise another question.

Who are you watching?

-----

"You wanted to see me, sire?" Jisoo asks as she closes the door behind her softly before walking to the front of his desk. She was told last night to report to him before going to the west wing. Though, she's not quite sure why.

The young ruler quickly put aside the document he was busy with as he shifted his attention to Jisoo, who was still holding two apples in hand. He laid his arms upon the desk, knitting his hands together.

"Yes, I wanted ask how our special individual is doing," he calmly questioned without as much as a blink.

"She's doing fine, sire," Jisoo simply replies back.