chapter 2

Getting away was actually pretty easy. You see, remember how I told you how all Roman seemed to care about was his job? Well that’s exactly how I set myself free.     One time, Roman was super mad and yelling over the phone at some person he worked with about the guy losing some important paper or something while he was bringing in my “dinner”. And he was so caught up in his stupid argument that when he left, he forgot to lock my door. He was so mad that he left the house a few minutes later.

I was so excited! I could finally escape this miserable place!

I grabbed my bag that I hid last month filled with two Hefty sacks, a box of matches, a lighter- for back- up, a twenty- dollar bill I stole from Roman, a few one- dollar bills and a ton of random loose change, a rope, an extra pair of socks, a t- shirt and sweat pants, two bungy cords, and a very sharp very heavy- duty Swiss army knife, and left the house.

    Your probably wondering where I got all this stuff from. And I will tell you. One time after school I went to the lost and found and got the t- shirt, the sweat pants, socks and the one dollar bills and change. I got the Hefty sacks and the lighter from the janitors’ closet.( don’t ask why their was a lighter in the janitors’ closet). Once when we went on a school fieldtrip to a park I robbed a homeless man and ended up with the matches, bungy cords, the rope and the Swiss army knife. It was really easy to get it back to school to. All I had to do was take the guys whole sack and everything was already in it. I simply hauled it back to school with me and no one even questioned my strangeness.

    So anyways, I fled the neighborhood completely, and made my way to the local bus station. And now here I am. I cant wait till this bus arrives. Freedom here I come!

              *          *          *  

    I cant beleave it, its already 8:20 in the morning and I haven’t been recognized! Only ten minutes to go and I’m home free.

               *           *          *

    The bus is finaly here and iv come up with a plan to get on for free. There’s an old lady not far from my left who seems to have all timers. I feel kind of bad for using her, she looks so sweet with her short, white hair, and cute little sun hat and rinckaly face. But I have no chioce. If I use my money for a ticket, I wont have enough to get me any where past this bus trip, and I’ll be done for.

    Reluctantly, I walked up to her and said “grandma?, is that you?”.

The lady looked over at me and said

    “ Thalia? Oh, how I’ve missed you! Oh, will you be joining me on my trip my dear?”.

    “yes grandma,” I lied.

“ well then hurry up my dear, the bus is about to leave”.

    And with that we were gone, heading where ever the old lady had in mind. I fell asleep, wondering where she will take me, silently thanking her. 

                                                *            *            *

please comment/vote!!!