hide ; iv

Changbin couldn't help but feel surprised when he spotted Felix in his living room the next day, talking to his mother about something.

"Hey Changbin," Felix smiled once he saw him.

Changbin nodded, his hands touching his face to see whether he had his mask on. He felt relieved when he felt the familiar material covering his nose and lips. "Hi, Felix." He then walked into the kitchen, happy that his mother followed him. "When did Felix get here?"

"A few minutes ago, honey," Changbin's mother replied. "He said he wanted to wait for you before you two went to school together. Isn't that sweet?"

Yes, that was sweet. Too sweet, in fact. Was Felix doing this because he genuinely wanted to, or was he doing this because he felt sorry for Changbin? Or, was the Australian told to do this by his classmates?

Felix didn't seem like a person who would do that, but Changbin still felt confused. What was Felix gaining from this? From hanging out with him?

Apart from the fact that he was half a demon, Changbin had no other interesting qualities, and he was sure Felix was going to get tired of him soon.

"I...I can't eat anything with him here," Changbin whispered, to which his mother furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

Then slowly, her expression softened as realization dawned on her. "Okay, Changbin. I'll give you some money so you can buy something along the way, okay?"

Changbin nodded, before his mother stepped out to retrieve the cash. Realizing that he was now alone with Felix, he headed where the taller was positioned.

Felix smiled when Changbin stood in front of him. "Did you eat anything yet?"

Changbin slowly shook his head. "...No. I'm getting food from outside today. Mom's...getting me the money." Because of you, you don't need to know that.

"Oh, okay," Felix nodded, and didn't say anything else until they were out of the house.

The walk had been mostly silent, and Changbin liked it like that, though he sometimes wished that Felix talked to him so the atmosphere wouldn't feel so empty.

After Changbin bought what he needed, they headed in the direction of the bus stop, and Changbin was once again surprised when Felix entered a public bus with him again.

"You don't want to go inside the official bus?" Changbin questioned once he took his seat, "It's much more spaceous than this bus."

Felix shook his head, seating so close to Changbin that their shoulders rubbed against each other. Their faces were just a few inches apart, and it made Changbin kind of tense. He was close enough to count just how many freckles were on Felix's face, and he would've done that, if the taller's face wasn't completely void of them.

Now that he thought about it again, didn't Felix have freckles? So, where were they?

"I'm much more comfortable with you," Felix reasoned, snapping Changbin out of his thoughts, "and as I said before, I like you."

Heat spread across the apples of Changbin's cheeks, and he was glad that half his face was hidden. Why was he even reacting that way to Felix's statement? Felix was only being friendly. And, the taller couldn't like him like that if he hadn't even seen the half demon's face.

It wasn't possible to like someone without seeing them, especially in this world that Changbin lived in.

"Uh, thank you," Changbin muttered. "I like you too."

"Ah, thank you too," Felix smiled, glancing at Changbin. "I'm glad you like me."

"You're really nice," Changbin explained, a bit afraid to look Felix directly in the eye. He wasn't keen on making eye contact with other people in general, except for his mother.