Chapter 1 - "I Am Spiderman"

~

"Good Morning to you all, and thank you for coming to this press conference," Pepper says on stage looking down at the sea of reporters. To her left is Steve, Sam, Bucky, Clint, Wanda, Bruce, and Tony. To her right is Shuri, Peter, MJ, Ned, Harley, Cassie Lang, and Lila Barton. "I know many of you are here to ask me about the Stark family being out of the media, since Tony's injury, but I will not be leading today's conference. That honor goes to my adoptive son Peter Parker-Stark." She gestures toward Peter who walks up to the pedestal. He smiles back at Pepper, who is standing beside Steve.

"Hi my name is Peter, but more importantly, my name is Peter Parker-Stark. While I am eternally grateful to carry the name of my hero and father figure, I could never surpass him, even if he is always saying that, that I can." Peter takes a breath, tears gathering in his eyes from the memory of Tony almost-death, "Today we honor his heroism and we thank him, but we also are here to say goodbye. This is why I'm extremely proud to say we are one step closer to his vision of a suit of armor around the world, so he isn't completely retired"

Peter gestures to the teenagers standing behind him and smiles while he says, "I present to you part of the inaugural class of Stark's Avengers Academy for Future Heroes or the S.A.A.F.H." Before he could blink a flurry of questions were directed towards him.

"Um... Mr. Stark, I'm not done yet." Peter whispers to Tony. He gestures at the moderators who get the reporters to settle down by ensuring that questions will be answered, "Thank you. The academy will be a boarding school that trains and educates the future heroes to protect the world from villains like Thanos. It will be held in the new and improved Avengers Compound. It will be for high school age students 14-18 years old. It will have three programs: The Widow Program, The Iron Man Program, and The Gifted Program. Now I guess we can answer some questions."

"What will each program focus on?"

"Well, The Widow program is for gifted fighters who will train in stealth, combat, and spy work. The Iron Man program will focus on creating new tech, hacking, and science. The Gifted Program was created as a result of the rumors of enhanced individuals with mutated genes that allowed them to get extraordinary powers, they will learn to control and use their powers. All programs will also have regular classes like English, history, math, and so on."

"How many students will there be?"

"It's a relatively small school we only have about 120 students at the moment so that's 30 per grade, but as we have just announced the school we are looking for new students for any of the programs."

"Will You be attending, Peter?"

"Uh...Well," Peter gulped and looked back at his parents. Pepper mouthed the words "you got this" and Tony made two thumbs up. "I will be attending the school. I will be in the Iron Man and Gifted Program." A deafening silence filled the room contrasting the loud chatter that was going on before. After the shock passed one reporter raised her hand and stood up.

"Do you have abilities?"

"Yes," Peter says standing up straight. Then a spark lights up in his eye. " The truth is I am Spiderman."

The room once again erupts in chatter as all the reporters stand and shout. Peter walks back to his parents and gives them both hugs. The group of heroes and teens are ushered out of the chaotic room and put in separate cars that take them to the compound

"How'd you like that Mr. Stark?" Peter says while laughing at his Father's proud but surprised face

"That was great kid." He says ruffling Peter's hair, "Now that we've introduced the school we've got to handle any new students that will want to apply."

Pepper chuckles, "We've got one hell of a summer ahead of us."